+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit Where Due!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m exempt .......I run 6 days out of 7 whatever😏
    Fair play for running 6 of 7 Mick. Not sure my legs could cope with that much. I mostly do my running on a treadmill just to warm up for the gym and right now this is obviously impossible. It be a perfect chance for me to start outdoor running but you know everyone will have that ‘new years resolution’ to go running now and start blocking my pathway.
    It’s like when all the gym newbies starting in Jan and you know full well they’ll last a month.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Fair play for running 6 of 7 Mick. Not sure my legs could cope with that much. I mostly do my running on a treadmill just to warm up for the gym and right now this is obviously impossible. It be a perfect chance for me to start outdoor running but you know everyone will have that ‘new years resolution’ to go running now and start blocking my pathway.
    It’s like when all the gym newbies starting in Jan and you know full well they’ll last a month.
    You are based abroad though aren’t you?

Sunnier climes?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You are based abroad though aren’t you?

Sunnier climes?
    Not at all, what i’d do to be in any sun right now. I’m unfortunately in Wales which oddly sunny. There may have been times when I posted here I was abroad.
    Funny enough, I was only saying this to the wife yesterday. Back in January we were in a very stunning location - Cook Islands (traveling via NZ) fast forward to to this turmoil we’re in now.

Its really quite simple, if you can work without being in close contact with customers then there is no problem. Painters and decorators can work on the outside of a building just not inside (unless its not occupied) As for bigger companies like construction sites if there is too much close proximity then it should stop. It couldn't be clearer. 6ft minimum. Lots of self employed can still work if they use common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Its really quite simple, if you can work without being in close contact with customers then there is no problem. Painters and decorators can work on the outside of a building just not inside (unless its not occupied) As for bigger companies like construction sites if there is too much close proximity then it should stop. It couldn't be clearer. 6ft minimum. Lots of self employed can still work if they use common sense.

Totally agree!! Logistics in terms of travelling is the issue so the only people who should use public transport are emergency key workers! If builders etc insist on working and it’s safe on site then they can easily share lifts or the employer arrange transport! Other than that - complete morons packing out the tubes today and police should be hammering people with fines!

Either we all play our part to stop the spread or we don’t!!! NHS and Army front line staff are sick of selfish morons - I know as some family are in this category!

Why didn’t they say this last night then, rather than have a nation of tradesmen doing the Hokey Cokey?
    It’s a cock up, the sweaty sock bitch north of the border is actually talking sense, building sites don’t need to be open.
    I’m abstaining, I can’t guarantee I can keep two meters apart from my workmates, nor rely that they can me, that’s why I’ve laid them off. Why risk having people interpret it how they like? remove all risk and lockdown.

The government haven’t used the term lockdown yet but it’s the only word people are talking about, connect with everyone Boris and tell everyone to ‘lockdown’ then explain who can and can’t go out, and keep it fkin simple.

Name:  813069E0-C5B5-4127-91D0-E81DB128FBDF.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  10.6 KB

Name:  813069E0-C5B5-4127-91D0-E81DB128FBDF.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  10.6 KB
    As I said in my post earlier today, this needs clarifying today as what you’re posting now Boingy wasn’t said last night. That’s why my phone has been red hot all day with people asking me should we or shouldn’t we?

If it’s not lockdown then it’s open to interpretation, by that I don’t mean I can’t follow the updated list, I mean some people aren’t taking this virus seriously at all so they bend things to suit their belief that it’s ‘just like the flu’.

What about viral loading? Several exposures because of some careless selfish fckers who want to interpret the rules how they like means the virus hits you harder and overall will linger longer throughout the land.

Lock the lot down.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Why didn’t they say this last night then, rather than have a nation of tradesmen doing the Hokey Cokey?
    It’s a cock up, the sweaty sock bitch north of the border is actually talking sense, building sites don’t need to be open.
    I’m abstaining, I can’t guarantee I can keep two meters apart from my workmates, nor rely that they can me, that’s why I’ve laid them off. Why risk having people interpret it how they like? remove all risk and lockdown.

The government haven’t used the term lockdown yet but it’s the only word people are talking about, connect with everyone Boris and tell everyone to ‘lockdown’ then explain who can and can’t go out, and keep it fkin simple.
    It is a mess Minn.

Last week I had 5 out of 7 staff with illness and “isolation” issues so we ended up getting behind on our online packing.

I “parked” three members on the ( as yet ) not fully clarified 80% scheme with me making up the other 20% of their wages yet even my accountant can’t yet tell me how the 80% is going to be paid!?

Is it to me to then pass on or is it paid by government to the staff direct or do I find the money and then claim it back from HMRC?

No “flesh on the bones” whatever!

So 4 of the lads are in this week all properly spaced out and we’ve been sanitising and washing hands for a week longer than government instruction.

It’s a very awkward situation as a business owner if I’m being honest.

Because we’re online we can’t just switch everything off because if we do,when we switch on again,the years we've spent reaching high up the Google rankings will be f hooked and I might as well shut the doors for good.

Trying to balance keeping a business running,keeping 7 people fully employed who’s mortgages and lives depend on me and keeping a roof over my own head whilst everyone retaining their health.

I’m operating safely,I’m hammering them daily on cleaning protocols so I’ll carry on for now and “park” the staff as the work drops off and we clear the decks and until we get closed down.

If total shutdown comes though and we do have to switch everything off it will be truly f king calamitous for my business.

I understand Mick, one size doesn’t fit all.

As I understand it the ‘up to 80%’ scheme is based on a grant being available to employers although I’m yet to follow it up to the letter. I’m waiting for the full picture to emerge first, being self employed I’m also keen to see what Whitehall are working on, an announcement was expected early this week but nothing has emerged yet. I only have one lad on PAYE, the rest are subbies, obviously our situations are very different. Even so, my point is, too many people are threatening the rest of us because they’re being blase’.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)