+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The media

The media

I think they are causing a lot of of unjustified panic with unfounded stories.
    The latest one is that six and a half million British people could be infected with Covid 19.
    I think it unlikely seeing the disease has only been around since December and it's place of origin China seems to have more or less levelled out with just over 80,000 cases.
    Although the situation is very serious and unprecedented in our lifetime, we have to take into account the number of cases per population in our country and indeed the world.
    Hopefully the lockdown will slow down the spread until a vaccine can be found, so people need to follow the government's advice to the letter.
    The media should concentrate on just giving us the facts and not print wild theories that are of no help to anyone.
    Mind you you know the type of papers that print the shyte.

The media is made for panic, like putting a gardener on there worried about his work. Now a lot of customers will be thinking they should cancel their gardener when its got to be one of the safest jobs out there, no need to cancel at all! Gardeners can keep yards away from customers let alone feet. Plain and simple if you can work and safely keep a distance from customers there is no need to go crazy. Its the way the media is I'm afraid, for any good it does do, there is always a needless problem it throws up.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    The media is made for panic, like putting a gardener on there worried about his work. Now a lot of customers will be thinking they should cancel their gardener when its got to be one of the safest jobs out there, no need to cancel at all! Gardeners can keep yards away from customers let alone feet. Plain and simple if you can work and safely keep a distance from customers there is no need to go crazy. Its the way the media is I'm afraid, for any good it does do, there is always a needless problem it throws up.

Had we and other EU Countries taken the action of China
    much more quickly then it’s obvious the spread would not have been this bad. It’s not rocket science and still workers crowd the tube so no doubt passing this virus on.

Naturally many people are worried. Best to worry and be super cautious and stay alive. More youngsters are starting to take this virus seriously now since the awful death of that 21 year old with no underlying health problems.

I have a gardener but rather he stays away temporarily as even touching outside taps and door handles could be a risk. Stupid? No I would rather be super cautious and listen to parents of the likes of this 21 year old - ie this virus is deadly!

You just wash your hands and don't touch your face when handling taps etc. Taking your advice we should ban all shopping, all money, all work, grind the country to a standstill where the survivors die from starvation. Its a matter of balance. The problems from the economy will be far worse than the virus when this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You just wash your hands and don't touch your face when handling taps etc. Taking your advice we should ban all shopping, all money, all work, grind the country to a standstill where the survivors die from starvation. Its a matter of balance. The problems from the economy will be far worse than the virus when this is over.

My balance was doing what China did more quickly and still doing what China are doing now - ban all construction workers going on public transport, and ban all foreign nationals entering the country! At the end of the day, if construction workers on large sites want to work - owners of such sites should hire private vehicles to take them to and fro to work but still keeping the 2 metre distance.

If somebody else wants to let gardeners/tradesmen etc come to their properties then that's their risk - don't go running to the hard pressed NHS though if the risk turns sour!

If the parents of a 21 year old who died with no previous health issues plead with people to take this for real - they should! I also know a person in ICU and know what advice they would give!

Everyone to their own as long as they infect their own and not others! Can't be any fairer than that!

I went into hospital this morning with gloves on and had at least two staff say - wish gloves were available for us! These NHS workers deserve a pay rise!!!! Why - because they are putting their lives at risk and most supermarkets have rewarded all their staff with at least 1 weeks extra pay! All the NHS workers have received at the moment is free hospital parking! Why the F UCK these workers should be charged prior to this to park vehicles is a national disgrace especially when in Scotland patients can park at hospitals for free!

PS - how come celebrities/high profile people like Charles and Boris get tested and key emergency staff don't - now that puzzles me and there will be lots with mild symptoms
    Last edited by baggieal; 27-03-2020 at 02:46 PM.

The reason it got this bad Al is that China hid it from the world for weeks during which time it was spread around the globe. The doctor who died was the whistle blower that forced China to act has it later did. The doctor died soon after. Strange that isn't it. Now China a country with a population in the billions seems to have levelled out at 80,000 cases while America, Italy have overtaken them.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    The reason it got this bad Al is that China hid it from the world for weeks during which time it was spread around the globe. The doctor who died was the whistle blower that forced China to act has it later did. The doctor died soon after. Strange that isn't it. Now China a country with a population in the billions seems to have levelled out at 80,000 cases while America, Italy have overtaken them.

Seems a coincidence you brought this up Des. It was on my mind then dismissed due to an interruption why that doctor who was the whistle blower suddenly died!! Seems to me as if this could be another Saudi type case that was seen in Turkey to silence an individual. Something is not right!

The amount of deaths and rising is frightening! Everyone to there own but not taking any chances or risks my end! Still think the government should be doing more with demanding workers do not use public transport and insist wealthy construction owners meet their own transport costs etc. Also all homeless should be housed immediately off the street by local councils - there’s enough empty hotels for **** sake! Feel sorry for the homeless who sell the big issue or street entertain but now don’t even have that!

There’s more chance of winning euromillions than the football starting again before August! Bad news the FA have annulled the lower leagues as know what’s coming.....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)