+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Exercise

Yep. I don;t play golf myself but I don't see an issue with it at all. Just follow basic distancing rules and its simple. It is probably one of the safest outdoor activities you can do I would say.

today did keep fit class then 6 mile walk, big cycle tomorrow, weights then walk.

Roly, you cheeky fecker...im not that old

What about the door handles to the clubhouse, the surfaces in changing rooms if there is one, the counter where you check in, toilets, club shop, putting your ball / tee down on the grass, proximity of cars in the car park

staff required to go to work to allow you to play, green keepers, receptionists, cleaners all exposed to the virus

Touching the pin. Not everyone will leave it in the hole

The govt has clarified that exercise must be done from your home and do not drive to a point of exercise.
    Is it essential or should you be staying at home?

Safe?? Are you sure about that or perhaps you are putting yourself, other players and the staff of the golf club under increased risk of catching the virus

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    What about the door handles to the clubhouse, the surfaces in changing rooms if there is one, the counter where you check in, toilets, club shop, putting your ball / tee down on the grass, proximity of cars in the car park

staff required to go to work to allow you to play, green keepers, receptionists, cleaners all exposed to the virus

Touching the pin. Not everyone will leave it in the hole

The govt has clarified that exercise must be done from your home and do not drive to a point of exercise.
    Is it essential or should you be staying at home?

Safe?? Are you sure about that or perhaps you are putting yourself, other players and the staff of the golf club under increased risk of catching the virus
    You didn't read the article did you?

Yes I read it hence my comment about leaving the pin in

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes I read it hence my comment about leaving the pin in
    That's probably why they suggested having no pins. gm_gm would be able to comment on whether players obeyed the 'don't touch the pin' rule as he played under it the weekend before last.

im getting stir crazy, going for big run tomorrow, then cycle, then walk.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That's probably why they suggested having no pins. gm_gm would be able to comment on whether players obeyed the 'don't touch the pin' rule as he played under it the weekend before last.
    Ok but what about the rest of the problems?
    They might shut the clubhouse which could alleviate some of the risks but who is letting everyone in and checking membership as I doubt all courses have electronic access controls
    Presumably ground staff are required to maintain the place
    All People having to go to work unnecessarily
    Benches / seats at some of the holes.
    Barriers for people to touch

All good questions. I think the ground staff will have to keep working otherwise the courses will soon be in a state that they wouldn't be able to open again when/if we ever return to 'business as usual'. There's bound to be exceptions to the what is 'important' work' question. Who's going into the pet shops to feed the animals, or do they just let them die?

Here in Washington State, as pot is legal, Pot Shops have been deemed to be v.ital businesses and allowed to stay open

No walkers past my house today except neighbours . Average of About 50 over last few days down to just two.
    That didn't last long. Too cold so can't be bothered lol
    Mother Nature assisting the Govt

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast