+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Non league season over

Leigh Curtis
    @LeighCurtis_NP
    ·

According to a statement from the Isthmian League, the view of the National League is ‘they wish to resume the season at some point’.

That is yet to be confirmed officially.

Kent Football News
    @ksnfootball
    ·

The plot thickens across the non-league system as Steps 3-6 have made it clear they want to move to cancel the remainder of the season and decide the end via either PPG (points per game avg) or Null and Void the season.

The National League are refusing to play ball with that...

If they void the season (in whichever league) it wouldn't surprise me if some 'legal eagle' starts action claiming that full refunds should be given to those who retain proof that they paid for and watched non-games!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    If they void the season (in whichever league) it wouldn't surprise me if some 'legal eagle' starts action claiming that full refunds should be given to those who retain proof that they paid for and watched non-games!
    Legally there could be lots wrong with voiding a season. Some players may have bonus related pay withheld, some players may have contracts that increase a set percentage if they achieve promotion etc. Sponsors could have loss of exposure from not being promoted.... there is loads that could impact clubs and the league legally.
    Morally, it’s completely wrong.
    Someone started a thread about would it benefit Notts playing behind closed doors...the fact that the season could be void tells me we must play games when we can, even behind closed doors.

It might just be a case of disregarding our traditional idea of what constitute 'football months' for a while (i.e. August through to May). Basically, re-start the season whenever it is safe to do so, run it through to its conclusion, shorten the off-season and then start a new season and gradually work our way back to what we consider the 'normal' schedule over a period of time. It might mean teams having to play games without international players being available, and other sports like cricket might not like the competition, but they might just have to put up with it until the process works through.

It might just be a case of disregarding our traditional idea of what constitute 'football months' for a while (i.e. August through to May). Basically, re-start the season whenever it is safe to do so, run it through to its conclusion, shorten the off-season and then start a new season and gradually work our way back to what we consider the 'normal' schedule over a period of time. It might mean teams having to play games without international players being available, and other sports like cricket might not like the competition, but they might just have to put up with it until the process works through.
    Aren’t the seasons going out of sync anyway because of the 2022 WC being held in Nov-Dec?

Not sure how that affects our level, but you’d think someone, somewhere could marry the two things up.

Behind closed doors has to be the way when it is safe to do so.

I see Big Sam and Rio are moaning its needs to be voided so we can start on "time" next season, the question is what is time as nothing is going back to normal for sometime yet.

These thick idiots dont seem to work out what if the virus has been suppressed by August but then it comes back in November/December ?? That would then wipe out two seasons on the trot and with fans paying lots of money for games it is obvious some will turn their backs on the game.

It might just be a case of disregarding our traditional idea of what constitute 'football months' for a while (i.e. August through to May). Basically, re-start the season whenever it is safe to do so, run it through to its conclusion, shorten the off-season and then start a new season and gradually work our way back to what we consider the 'normal' schedule over a period of time.
    Agree 100%. I can't see the point in making any definite decisions when we have no idea of how long this will go on for. If it lasts for a year, as some experts have suggested, then just carry on where we left off. If it's over in 3 months we have a lot of games to cram in or some tough decisions to make. Just do the sensible thing and wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Aren’t the seasons going out of sync anyway because of the 2022 WC being held in Nov-Dec?

Not sure how that affects our level, but you’d think someone, somewhere could marry the two things up.
    Yes you would think so … but the football authorities are not necessarily famed for their common sense and ingenuity!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Behind closed doors has to be the way when it is safe to do so.

I see Big Sam and Rio are moaning its needs to be voided so we can start on "time" next season, the question is what is time as nothing is going back to normal for sometime yet.

These thick idiots dont seem to work out what if the virus has been suppressed by August but then it comes back in November/December ?? That would then wipe out two seasons on the trot and with fans paying lots of money for games it is obvious some will turn their backs on the game.
    Exactly, hope Im very wrong, but there is no way we continuing at the end of April, and as this virus does seem immune to warm weather (i.e. Australia & South Africa where it's now their summer), then I can't see it dropping off naturally, and so to void one season makes no sense, when we are not sure the next can begin as planned anyway.

So, an option could be to treat the remaining games as a pre-season mini tournament to decide on the final outcomes, then take a delayed start to next season. Could even get rid of all the cup competitions next year to balance the games out a little more. I know its not ideal and also aware of the practicalities of players out of contracts etc., but there is no easy solution if indeed we do run into the summer months without a ball being kicked.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast