+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non league season over

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBoots View Post
    Exactly, hope Im very wrong, but there is no way we continuing at the end of April, and as this virus does seem immune to warm weather (i.e. Australia & South Africa where it's now their summer), then I can't see it dropping off naturally, and so to void one season makes no sense, when we are not sure the next can begin as planned anyway.

So, an option could be to treat the remaining games as a pre-season mini tournament to decide on the final outcomes, then take a delayed start to next season. Could even get rid of all the cup competitions next year to balance the games out a little more. I know its not ideal and also aware of the practicalities of players out of contracts etc., but there is no easy solution if indeed we do run into the summer months without a ball being kicked.
    All remaining games played? Or use a PPG system to decide on final places and then let teams play out the play offs as decided. Less games to fit in.
    As previously stated there is far too much ifs, but and maybes with what’s happening. The season could start in 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years. There is simply no way of knowing at this point.

I'm sure if the season was cancelled now then I'd imagine all the clubs with possible play off chances will be looking at claiming the loss of earnings that promotion to the Football League would bring. There is probably some sort of contract that the season is 46 games long. Afterall clubs have fulfill all fixtures or they're fined so surely it works the other way also.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    I'm sure if the season was cancelled now then I'd imagine all the clubs with possible play off chances will be looking at claiming the loss of earnings that promotion to the Football League would bring. There is probably some sort of contract that the season is 46 games long. Afterall clubs have fulfill all fixtures or they're fined so surely it works the other way also.
    Rules can be altered to suit the powers that be.

Quote Originally Posted by paulharding View Post

This is going to be addressed by Ardley and Leigh Curtis on a live web chat right now
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-live-3981061

Ardley "We believe the Daily Star’s report is inaccurate as we’ve had correspondence from the National League last night to say that no decision has been taken. Furthermore, ourselves and other National League clubs have not been asked for our opinion on the issue."

If the EFL voids their season. Would that mean we are back in the EFL by default? Before the new season, Bury has dropped out, this would mean by normal rules the last relegation place is removed... The last proper season we finished in 23rd...

I think we should finish this season whenever we can and in worse case sacrifice next season if needed.

I can understand the MLS scrapping their season after 4 games but too much has been invested into this one to void it now.
    Last edited by ireallyhateforest; 25-03-2020 at 01:56 PM.

It's an absolute minefield, but the circumstances are unprecedented. There needs to be time allowed to try and finish the season. If it can't be finished and the season is declared null and void then there can be no promotions or relegations because in effect the season never existed. If they try to use PPG or current standings then there will need to be plenty of money available to fight the lawsuits that will be incoming because as it stands there are at least 12 teams that think they could secure a play off place.

For Notts, 2 x FA Trophy ties with Harrogate and a possible wembley final + play off games and another possible wembley final + the financial gains that come with promotion. That's alot of money to miss out on!

From the National League Newspaper.

BREAKING: The National League have asked The FA for assistance in postponing all remaining fixtures and to end the season as soon as possible.

https://twitter.com/NonLeaguePaper/s...95609855266816

link to National League news paper

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 25-03-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast