+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weears Johnson ?

Weears Johnson ?

Up to iz owd tricks of avoiding public scrutiny/questioning ageean.

I have to be honest SB i am far from being a Tory but I think he's been excellent throughout this! He has kept us informed and let the people decide how to police themselves then slowly put in force measures after realising we have a lot of F3ckwits!!
    I understand that some things could have been done quicker but the government like anyone else is learning as they go along with this so we don't put any strain on essential services like the NHS.
    He also defended his decisions in prime ministers questioning yesterday!

We can agree to differ Perks.

Johnson has voted for NHS and Social Care cuts that the Tories have implemented over the last decade starving the NHS and Local Authorities of staff, facilities and equipment. This stuff abart bringing back retired staff and an army of volunteers is to plug the gaps.

Johnson has got what he wanted during the Brexit debate--the closure of parliament.

He would be lost without the adults in the room fielding all the questions at Press Conferences. A fist pump and slogan are not enough.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 25-03-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Johnson has voted for NHS and Social Care cuts that the Tories have implemented over the last decade starving the NHS and Local Authorities of staff, facilities and equipment. This stuff abart bringing back retired staff and an army of volunteers is to plug the gaps.[/quote]

Chickens coming home to roost comes to mind [but for Joe public not him]

dosn't matter what johnson does the labour luvvies will always moan and disagree.
    ofcourse the old fart leaving the labour party would have done more and better im sure.

With all due respect to everyone , now is not the time for political prejudices .

Mistakes have been made and would have by any government given the nature of this virus .

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    dosn't matter what johnson does the labour luvvies will always moan and disagree.
    ofcourse the old fart leaving the labour party would have done more and better im sure.
    Perhaps you should read this yb
    https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/03/2...nal-exchanges/

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    What will Tory Luvvies do when they cant respond to every issue with, "Yes, but what about Corbyn" ?

It amuses me that Johnson etc are now praising the public sector--NHS, Social Care, Teachers, Police, Local Authority staff etc as "fantastic" key workers (which they are) but they have spent the last decade drastically cutting their funding and freezing their wages.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    With all due respect to everyone , now is not the time for political prejudices .

Mistakes have been made and would have by any government given the nature of this virus .
    Absolutely right Animal. No point in saying what should've been or bickering which leader would've done what. The most important thing is that the nation gets thru this strange & difficult time with as less fatalities as possible. When a look art mi window a see that traffic on Pontefract rd and Harbro Hill fly ova is dwindling by the day which is very good to see. Looks like the message is finally sinking in

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I agree but if I have something to say regarding what I consider to be incompetence I will speak up & I don't care what political party they represent
    If we fail to try & hold those who govern us to account what incentive do they have to govern properly &
    make sure mistakes are not repeated
    You need to look no further than Nadhim Zahawi on Newsnight yesterday for an example of spin & incompetence
    Not fit for purpose
    Just my opinion of course & not driven by political prejudice
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 26-03-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast