+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon's speech today,total madness,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    During the speech she mentioned that people who work outdoors like Window Cleaners and Landscape gardeners can still work if there is no contact.

1. There are three of us working all from different houses who share the same car.Westminster says you will be fined.

2. Almost all of my pensioners pay by cash.Westminster say you must be two metres apart.

3. Guidelines say only 2 people allowed together there are 3 of us and at certain times we need to congregate.

4. When children are off school and in their gardens they are like fleas roond shyte when we turn up.

5. Toddlers in the garden sometimes try and climb up our ladders whilst we are up them,will we just kick them aff to maintain the correct social distance?.

6. I have had messages from customers saying do not come near our house during the virus,others have said we cant pay you because we are self isolating and i have sent out messages or called around 100 customers to tell them for all of our safety i have to close down the business,every single one of them agreed with my decision and many promised to support me at the end of the rainbow.

7. If the Tories do decide to help the self employed they may well say there is help for all of you bar Scottish window cleaners and landscape gardeners because your First Minister says you are a KEY worker up there with NHS employee's during Covid 19.

8. I would imagine most of you know i am a member of the SNP and i include Nationalist MSP's and MP's as my friends,however tonight for the first time in my life i will be following the advice of a Tory rather than an SNP First Minister.
    Its worth adding when i told the two boys who work with me what Nicola said today they both said they are skint but will not be returning to work tomorrow,neither will i,FACT.
    Think you're being a bit OTT here mate. Her words were "self employed gardeners and window cleaners WHERE THERE IS NO CONTACT WITH OTHER PEOPLE, IF THEY CAN GO ABOUT THEIR BUSINESS SAFELY, can be good for the community and we would encourage them to do so".

In other words, if you work alone you can, if you don't work alone, then you can't. Surely that's easy to understand, no?

Here is my take on what would be acceptable.

A gardener works alone,travels to the job alone,cuts the grass alone,prunes the hedge alone and has no contact with his customers who pay him through the bank.

Here is my take on what is not acceptable.

A window cleaner picks up two boys from different addresses and travels to work in one car,they play about with bairns in the garden and go to the doors of customers for payment.

Here is my take on what would be acceptable.

A gardener works alone,travels to the job alone,cuts the grass alone,prunes the hedge alone and has no contact with his customers who pay him through the bank.

Here is my take on what is not acceptable.

A window cleaner picks up two boys from different addresses and travels to work in one car,they play about with bairns in the garden and go to the doors of customers for payment.
    Well then you don't go to work, simple. She's not telling guys like you to go to work, she's saying guys who work on their own can go to work. And there's ways and means to make payment without direct contact. A bit of a pain in the arse, but it can be done.

I do not think i have been OTT,maybe you will think that Doctor Hugh Montgomery professor of intensive care medicine at University College London is being OTT when he says one person with Covid 19 could infect 59,000 others?.
    The First Minister never explained either how we go about telling our customers to get their bairns out of their gardens before we go into them.

The First Minister never explained either how we go about telling our customers to get their bairns out of their gardens before we go into them.
    To be fair the guidance is (and has been for quite a while) clear, social isolation. The fact there are ejits not getting this is hardly the fault of the government.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    To be fair the guidance is (and has been for quite a while) clear, social isolation. The fact there are ejits not getting this is hardly the fault of the government.
    The point i am making regarding bairns is they are allowed to play together in their gardens if they are from the same family,there are many social media posts showing brothers and sisters doing fitness stuff etc etc in the confines of their own gardens.
    I honestly do not think any of my customers want we anywhere near their houses at the moment and to knock their door then stand two metres away and say,"Can you please remove your children from the back garden?", in my opinion would be OTT,FACT.

I do not think i have been OTT,maybe you will think that Doctor Hugh Montgomery professor of intensive care medicine at University College London is being OTT when he says one person with Covid 19 could infect 59,000 others?.
    Why would I think he's being OTT? One person can infect multiple others, we all know that, but if you stick to government and health official guidelines, keep 2 meters apart, then you are being safe. So again...... if you can work on your own and do so safely, do it.
    Common sense is needed here mate. It's ***** at a time like this. If there's kids there that you can't work outwith a 2 metre space, then you don't do it. No ones demanding you to put them or yourself at risk. We all need to pull together and make the right decisions for ourselves and our businesses here. She's advising what to do, and to me made herself pretty clear with regards gardeners and window cleaners.

At the end of the day mate, you have issues with your work because there are three of you and rightly so. But let's not pretend Sturgeon is telling you to work, because she isn't. She's clearly said 'if you can work on your own safely, then do so'.

To Terence or Affshore totally regret putting up this thread and would be more than happy for it to be removed,not closed,removed.

To Terence or Affshore totally regret putting up this thread and would be more than happy for it to be removed,not closed,removed.
    Dont see why this is removed as you are airing concerns that are genuine to quite a few people out there.

My tuppence is get out there and work, if that means 1 of the other guys taking his own transport if possible, then so be it. Another alternative is 2 of you go out each day, something that is being enforced on some employees.

As for the kids, common sense on the part of the parents could get them inside for the couple of minutes your about, and leave the money in a wee bag for you.

Honestly I think there is lots of good anecdotes and information in this thread so i say thanks for starting it. If you really feel it needs removed then I or offshore can do it, let us know.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)