+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon's speech today,total madness,FACT.

Nicola Sturgeon's speech today,total madness,FACT.

During the speech she mentioned that people who work outdoors like Window Cleaners and Landscape gardeners can still work if there is no contact.

1. There are three of us working all from different houses who share the same car.Westminster says you will be fined.

2. Almost all of my pensioners pay by cash.Westminster say you must be two metres apart.

3. Guidelines say only 2 people allowed together there are 3 of us and at certain times we need to congregate.

4. When children are off school and in their gardens they are like fleas roond shyte when we turn up.

5. Toddlers in the garden sometimes try and climb up our ladders whilst we are up them,will we just kick them aff to maintain the correct social distance?.

6. I have had messages from customers saying do not come near our house during the virus,others have said we cant pay you because we are self isolating and i have sent out messages or called around 100 customers to tell them for all of our safety i have to close down the business,every single one of them agreed with my decision and many promised to support me at the end of the rainbow.

7. If the Tories do decide to help the self employed they may well say there is help for all of you bar Scottish window cleaners and landscape gardeners because your First Minister says you are a KEY worker up there with NHS employee's during Covid 19.

8. I would imagine most of you know i am a member of the SNP and i include Nationalist MSP's and MP's as my friends,however tonight for the first time in my life i will be following the advice of a Tory rather than an SNP First Minister.
    Its worth adding when i told the two boys who work with me what Nicola said today they both said they are skint but will not be returning to work tomorrow,neither will i,FACT.

I thought ye wer a full time Poet tae.

ps listen tae this
    https://youtu.be/A4izGLdBAeY

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I thought ye wer a full time Poet tae.

ps listen tae this
    https://youtu.be/A4izGLdBAeY
    Yes i saw that mate,brilliant.

I am also a member of the SNP and despise the Tories and everything they stand for as a political party but even I have cut Boris and his cohorts a little bit of slack during this period. This situation is unprecedented and every government in the world is scrabbling about trying to do their best. I'm sure we will look back in hindsight and realise many mistakes have been made but I don't think anyone could say all political parties aren't trying to do their best, Nicola Sturgeon included.

Serious question here:

Who do we listen to mad Boris or Crankie? Who are we meant to listen to cos they both kinda contradict each other 🤷🏼*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    I am also a member of the SNP and despise the Tories and everything they stand for as a political party but even I have cut Boris and his cohorts a little bit of slack during this period. This situation is unprecedented and every government in the world is scrabbling about trying to do their best. I'm sure we will look back in hindsight and realise many mistakes have been made but I don't think anyone could say all political parties aren't trying to do their best, Nicola Sturgeon included.
    Not sure we should be cutting Boris and co slack. They have been so slow to react, it seems they have only been giving in to pressure. Their advice has been so half-hearted and contradictory, and given too late, I sometimes feel in my darker moments, that some of them are sticking to “herd immunity” but just not calling it that. I don’t think anyone can just be that incompetent, which would mean that some if it is deliberate. I think they are doing similar to Trump in trying to put economy first, just that Trump is at least being more open about it.

Read article below, just after last post. Seems to imply similar.
    https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...mpression=true

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Not sure we should be cutting Boris and co slack. They have been so slow to react, it seems they have only been giving in to pressure. Their advice has been so half-hearted and contradictory, and given too late, I sometimes feel in my darker moments, that some of them are sticking to “herd immunity” but just not calling it that. I don’t think anyone can just be that incompetent, which would mean that some if it is deliberate. I think they are doing similar to Trump in trying to put economy first, just that Trump is at least being more open about it.
    I agree - there should have been significant restrictions on incoming and outgoing flights to and from infected countries (I’m particularly thinking about Italy) weeks ago. We are an island nation. We should have been in a somewhat unique position with no land borders to have been able to contain this from getting in to any huge extent. However, it would have got in at some point regardless but in a more controllable manner which is where the lack of foresight with testing comes in. As soon as anyone presented with potential symptoms they needed testing to confirm and if positive, then all of their social, work and other potential contacts needed traced with urgency and tested themselves to isolate any ‘breakout’ from spreading wider. (This incidentally is what is now going to happen moving forward beyond the next 12 weeks when the ‘peak’ has subsided and brought down again).

IMHO it is these two key factors - lack of control of portals of entry for the virus and lack of subsequent testing to control outbreaks locally which has now precipitated this. Yes, this would have cost money, slowed down airports, caused disruption and affected the economy which is most likely why none of this was done by the Tory Government when it needed it to be. By God we’re paying for these monumental phuck ups now in every way but especially when the bills come in for this once it’s over as make no mistake, this is going to run up eye watering bills for the exchequer which WE are all going to end up paying.

Given we are 12 weeks behind Italy, the current acute shortage of NHS PPE, can only be described as staggering incompetence.

Another article below attached (note to self: stop reading these articles - its too depressing)
    https://bylinetimes.com/2020/03/23/c...ness-as-usual/

Honest boys i'm a workaholic and if i thought it was safe i would be out today and collecting tonight,Wednesday is one of my biggest shifts where i would be leaving the house right now and not returning until at least 9PM.There are customers out there who owe me money from last week but there is no way in the world that i will be chapping anybody's door tonight.
    As i look into my street its like a Sunday or a bank holiday i honestly reckon if we were to turn up in areas to work when most other people have to stay at home we would not be welcome,this on a day when a London doctor is asking patients,"Where would you like to die?."

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)