+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Prince Charles Tests Positive

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Quite quickly too, considering that age wise he’s in the ‘at risk’ demographic.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the police at the moment. Can’t help feeling they’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

We need people to stay indoors except for essentials...don’t see any similarity to a ‘police state’ at all.
    RA it seems that at the moment 50% of those that go into critical care are surviving and they are mostly over 70, there is anecdotal evidence that quite a few fit people in their 70's and over are just having mild symptoms and why would you not expect Charles who after all has had very good medical on hand all his life and is in good health not to be OK?

The Police question is interesting, in that examples have been given where they have acted beyond the legislation and government advice - so for instance a force attempted to stop a corner shop selling easter eggs on the basis they werent essential - no such advice or instruction has been given by the government. Nor has the government said people cannot drive to somehwere for their exercise and neither does the legislation prohibit this, Derbyshire Police seem to be very heavy handed. Some Police forces have issued a lot of summons, 100's in one case, Bedfordshire Police have issued none, West Yorkshire are having road blocks and issuing tickets, The Met aren't.

So we have inconsistency of approach and some forces who seem to enjoy their ability to be jobsworths - after all its easier to do this than hard police work isn't it? We police by consent in this country and having seen how some other police forces around the world police I'm glad we do, so yes it is a concern, there needs to be proportionality applied and the Police need to work with the public and tackle flagrant abuses - parties large gatherings rather than people who are observing social distancing but not in a manner interpreted by an specific police force.

We don't actually need to stay indoors, we need to avoid contact with others who are not of the same household, its not the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    No I do mean most, I don't think it can be denied that Labour under Blair did continue with many policies that were not in the interests of those less fortunate in society and assisted the rich and well off - for instance they perpetuated the myth that the majority of people on benefits or unemployed were "scroungers" when in the vast majority of cases thats not true. They continued with the privatisation of the railways which has resulted in sky high fares and ironically more public subsidy being paid than in BR days, they continued the Private Fiance Initiative which has cost tax payers millions for contracts where the government bears the risk and has put unnecessary cost burdens on the NHS.

In that case I will pick you up on your post. You stated most and in the past decade. That takes us back to 2010, the year in which the Tories came to power. Labour hasn't been in power in the past decade so maybe it should be ALL, after all.

S
    RA it seems that at the moment 50% of those that go into critical care are surviving and they are mostly over 70, there is anecdotal evidence that quite a few fit people in their 70's and over are just having mild symptoms and why would you not expect Charles who after all has had very good medical on hand all his life and is in good health not to be OK?

The Police question is interesting, in that examples have been given where they have acted beyond the legislation and government advice - so for instance a force attempted to stop a corner shop selling easter eggs on the basis they werent essential - no such advice or instruction has been given by the government. Nor has the government said people cannot drive to somehwere for their exercise and neither does the legislation prohibit this, Derbyshire Police seem to be very heavy handed. Some Police forces have issued a lot of summons, 100's in one case, Bedfordshire Police have issued none, West Yorkshire are having road blocks and issuing tickets, The Met aren't.

So we have inconsistency of approach and some forces who seem to enjoy their ability to be jobsworths - after all its easier to do this than hard police work isn't it? We police by consent in this country and having seen how some other police forces around the world police I'm glad we do, so yes it is a concern, there needs to be proportionality applied and the Police need to work with the public and tackle flagrant abuses - parties large gatherings rather than people who are observing social distancing but not in a manner interpreted by an specific police force.

We don't actually need to stay indoors, we need to avoid contact with others who are not of the same household, its not the same thing!
    I wouldn’t expect him not to be okay...it was just a simple point that I found it reassuring that a 71 year old appeared to have recovered so quickly. The whole pensioner/over 70 thing appears a bit random to me anyway. I know people aged between 60-75 who appear to have been on their last legs for years while others, hopefully including myself, are fitter than some in their 40’s.

Yes, I agree that the police need to work with the public but it is a difficult task they’ve been given. Going for a drive to a normally relatively deserted location and then going for a walk seems utterly harmless, indeed I can see the High Peak Trail in the distance from my garden and my ‘walking buddy’ has suggested that we meet up there and go for a walk. Seems harmless enough doesn’t it? But if we can do it, so can anyone else at which point it defeats the whole object.

Doubtless there have been some ‘jobsworths’ who, now there are no speeding cars to deal with, will be heavy handed but, imo, we need the police to enforce the rules about staying in/social distancing and the reaction to the police stopping the middle aged and middle class in a way they’re totally unfamiliar with has been a little hysterical.

The Peak District...where most of the criticism stems from...is a difficult one. It acts as the ‘rural lungs’ for so many urban areas...Derby, Manchester, Stoke, Sheffield and Nottingham...in particular. Last weekend was bitterly cold so there would have been fewer visitors anyway but with Easter and the, hopefully, warmer weather approaching there could be a real problem and the message needs to get through now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    S

I wouldn’t expect him not to be okay...it was just a simple point that I found it reassuring that a 71 year old appeared to have recovered so quickly. The whole pensioner/over 70 thing appears a bit random to me anyway. I know people aged between 60-75 who appear to have been on their last legs for years while others, hopefully including myself, are fitter than some in their 40’s.

Yes, I agree that the police need to work with the public but it is a difficult task they’ve been given. Going for a drive to a normally relatively deserted location and then going for a walk seems utterly harmless, indeed I can see the High Peak Trail in the distance from my garden and my ‘walking buddy’ has suggested that we meet up there and go for a walk. Seems harmless enough doesn’t it? But if we can do it, so can anyone else at which point it defeats the whole object.

Doubtless there have been some ‘jobsworths’ who, now there are no speeding cars to deal with, will be heavy handed but, imo, we need the police to enforce the rules about staying in/social distancing and the reaction to the police stopping the middle aged and middle class in a way they’re totally unfamiliar with has been a little hysterical.

The Peak District...where most of the criticism stems from...is a difficult one. It acts as the ‘rural lungs’ for so many urban areas...Derby, Manchester, Stoke, Sheffield and Nottingham...in particular. Last weekend was bitterly cold so there would have been fewer visitors anyway but with Easter and the, hopefully, warmer weather approaching there could be a real problem and the message needs to get through now.

Rural lungs of those places I agree, but not Ipswich!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    In that case I will pick you up on your post. You stated most and in the past decade. That takes us back to 2010, the year in which the Tories came to power. Labour hasn't been in power in the past decade so maybe it should be ALL, after all.

Take your point, but if we are being picky the LIB Dems were in goverment in 2010 (indeed complicit in austerity which I would never vote for them) and many of the policies that Labour introduced continued under both the coalition and the Tories.

Oh my such pent up frustration careful now deary, you might give yourself a heart attack!

Your lack of self awareness is so evident with this post its very funny! You seem to actually think I give a toss what you think? You certainly can't resist taking the bait every ****ing time, what a loser! No wonder you wear your victim status with pride, hey up me duck I'm bottom of pile in society and all through me own efforts!

I do honestly feel sorry for you.

Your bottom of the pile, you feel lied to and betrayed and yet you voted for the party that has been responsible for inflicting most of the negative policies on you over the past decade!

But you do have to ask yourself the question, why are you feeling so bitter and twisted and working in a ****ty job, whereas I can retire when I choose, live where I choose and do not get all worked up about meaningless drivel posted on the internet!

Who is the knob now eh?
    The bait? ?

You are the more bitey than a tiger shark.
    You've just it again and reiterated everything I've said about you and your holier than thou status.
    Not only are you a jellyfish, you're a plastic snob, who feels it necessary to downgrade and ridicule anyone, you feel is beneath you on the social order.
    What's your stance on window cleaners/road sweepers/shop floor labourers/lorry drivers/shop assistants/dental hygeinists/ secretarys/lolly pop ladies?
    Are they bitter and beneath you losers as well?
    Classic, the gift that keeps on giving.
    !I can retire when I want" blah blah. What makes you so sure I haven't?

You see Swale, those people you come on here to slag off and pretend to hate. Think exactly the same about you, as you do of us mere "mortals".
    The difference is, you aspire to be in that club. If you didn't, you would retire if you so could. Stop trying to kid yourself and just go into politics. You can be a real life, paid liar then and spout as much bollox as you like.

Ps don't give me the English fail on purpose act. You really are illiterate in its basics forms.
    You can't even get the right synonym of the insult correct you dick head.

knob
    /nɒb/
    noun

a rounded lump or ball, especially at the end or on the surface of something.
    synonyms
    lump, bump, protuberance, projection, protrusion, ... more
    a prominent round hill.

Perhaps you meant this daft lad

nob
    British slang term for the *****. Typically used as an excellent cheap insult. Used in jest (above "moron", just below "****", and well below "****"), or used to describe someone who is doing something you think is annoying or a bit crap.

This is you Swale, as annoying as ****, and about as funny. No wonder the Ratt ridicules you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSahEDRjvw

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    My conspiracy theory is that jugears never had it, but that it was announced to convince people that even the great and good can fall prey to it, so people should obey lock down requirements.

People don't listen to stuff unless it's endorsed by a celebrity (hence all the twitter *******s of celebrities repeating the mantra) and what better than a king designate.

After all, who even saw him coughing?

There you go, back on topic and a new angle to debate in lieu of off topic bitch fighting.
    It had occurred to me too, GP...but I dismissed it as a conspiracy theory.

Do you think the same about Johnson, Hancock, Cummings and the Chief Medical Officer too, or do they just want a rest?

Tricky...not wishing to contribute to the ‘bitch fight’, but could you go back to your own site please. There’s something approaching a debate going on here and then I log on just to discover that, for the second or third day running, you've reappeared to hijack the thread with another half page of offensive, largely unintelligible, stream of consciousness nonsense.

A fair question - we need a webcam in BOJO's office to get evidence! Those guys have arguably cross infected each other though as they have doubtless been in each others close company

News today of a 101 year old exiting intensive care, totally cured. If that doesn't give us all hope then nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    News today of a 101 year old exiting intensive care, totally cured. If that doesn't give us all hope then nothing will.
    Another encouraging story was about the newsreader, George Alaghia, MA.

He’s suffering Stage 4 cancer but while his most recent tests showed that all was well with his chemo treatment etc, they also revealed that he actually had Covid-19!
    His reaction? ‘Well if that’s it I’ve got away with it.’ He looked and sounded really well.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)