Not much different to what's happening now.
I agree with social distancing to a degree. But for me the biggest spreaders are being in places that others touch/cough on, like public transport and pubs.

Anyone with a cold/cough/sniffles must automatically self isolate for 2 weeks full paid. Just in case.

I think work shoud carry on, but ( I know I'm stating the obvious which riles you), everyone must self hand wash throughout the day. Maybe even gloves and a mask would help. But work still needs to be done, if you are fit. Onus should be on employers to pay for and enforce this.
As a comparison, when I was at British Coal, it was noted about how much was paid out for eye injuries/deafness/hand injuries etc.
It became compulsary from the moment you went underground, to have on glasses/ear protection/gloves at all times. Injuries plummetted. Not easy for a 7.25 hour shift, covered in crap and sweat.

The virus is here and happening. No stopping it. You can only slow it down and that is all.
Time will sort out the immunity needed and science.

The black death removed up to 60% of Europes population. We aren't going to see that again, but it recovered by itself.

On a foot note, here's some food for thought.

Nature has its own way of controlling numbers, by natural selection / prey , predator ratio's.
Man has overcome a lot of these barriers and the worlds population spirals out of control.
So it's a question of which tipping point comes first. Self annihilation( war/climate) or nature balance (disease/ climate)

Tick tock