+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Urgent message for dubbag

Urgent message for dubbag

Hi Dubs,

A friend of mine has just contacted me regarding protective clothing and masks.

A company he works for is involved with a Chinese company that produces this stuff and they have containers of the stuff ready to go.

Any idea how to get this stuff quickly into the NHS........hoes the procurement done or in your country can your bosses buy direct if I can put these people in touch with each other?

Thanks Mick. It seems that a container shipment arrived in Dublin port yesterday with PPE gear. And it is been distributed as we speak.....around the country. The procurement procedure is still shyte....emergency or not. Mainly because the equipment needed is never going to be used by the individual doing the ordering. While the pandemic was not a surprise....it has caught the world off guard. Health services around the world have been decimated since the crash of 2008.
    Again many thanks for the thought...Stay well and keep running...👍

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Hi Dubs,

A friend of mine has just contacted me regarding protective clothing and masks.

A company he works for is involved with a Chinese company that produces this stuff and they have containers of the stuff ready to go.

Any idea how to get this stuff quickly into the NHS........hoes the procurement done or in your country can your bosses buy direct if I can put these people in touch with each other?
    I know a contracts manager at NHS, where is the container?
    Do you want me to ask if they need PPE?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I know a contracts manager at NHS, where is the container?
    Do you want me to ask if they need PPE?
    I’ll need to find out it’s status BS.

I’m presuming it’s still in China because nobody is going to ship without a confirmation of order and possibly a letter of credit in place.

You can certainly ask the question of your friend if you wish.

Hi Mick, I have been told that the NHS are okay so far, but the people to contact are NHS Supply Chain - https://www.supplychain.nhs.uk/custo...service-teams/

But the independent sector (physio, other support etc) is struggling as far as I am aware but I dont think they would want a whole container as they will be smaller independants

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Hi Mick, I have been told that the NHS are okay so far, but the people to contact are NHS Supply Chain - https://www.supplychain.nhs.uk/custo...service-teams/

But the independent sector (physio, other support etc) is struggling as far as I am aware but I dont think they would want a whole container as they will be smaller independants
    Thanks for this BS.

The containers contain 500,000 masks 😷 for starters.

BaggieAl gave me the details of a top person he knows at the NHS and I’ve sent them an email but had no reply as yet.

I could import them and sell them myself online no doubt but that just feels completely wrong.

So if I can’t get them direct into the NHS from China I’d rather they went to the health service in another country.

It looks apocalyptic in New York so I’m sure they could use them.

I’ll try your link first though thanks BS and the person Al put me in touch with.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)