+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

Here's an article offering a small ray of hope based upon what happened here in Seattle. It's a longish read but do you have anything better to do

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/u...sion-rate.html

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    I have a family member who works in a hospice and this really came home to me when speaking with them recently. I think one of the hardest things all of us could face and hopefully it doesn’t happen to any of us - is that should any of those we care about fall seriously ill we would not be able to be with them when they die and only 10 are allowed at a funeral and then with social distancing so we couldn’t even hug or get close at a time of great need - that is the thing that scares a lot of folk and understandably so.

Perhaps one thing that will come out of this will be reminders of the importance of those close caring attachments in our lives - easy to take them for granted at times
    Funerals were banned here but that has just been lifted. Now allowed but limited to family members only and social distancing rules still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Here's an article offering a small ray of hope based upon what happened here in Seattle. It's a longish read but do you have anything better to do

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/u...sion-rate.html
    Here in Derby.....We have no chance, mindless selfish low-lifes

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 15.42.04.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  17.6 KB

Just heard some NHS workers have been hording PPE, some has been stolen from hospital which is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Just heard some NHS workers have been hording PPE, some has been stolen from hospital which is unbelievable.
    Not really, loads of stuff goes missing from hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Like being on social media this post, most isn’t true

Care to say what isn’t true then? If you don’t want to hear it fair enough because I know it’s upsetting but calling me a liar that’s another matter altogether so let’s hear what your truth is?

Perhaps you lie but would rather point a finger at others?
    Last edited by sawmiller; 30-03-2020 at 04:32 PM.

Was just reading the government's guidelines and have a question about being able to leave the home for one form of exercise per day. Is dogging one or two forms of exercise? Forget that, I just realised that some would have to break the social distancing rule.

How accurate will the 500k tests per week be in Germany? They seam to have got hold of a lot of test kits whilst most country's are saying they are still testing the accuracy of the kits.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but it is linked to the coronavirus and is football related.
    The FA have voided the season for all leagues below the national league set up. No promotion or relegation for any team in the many many leagues further down the ladder. Also applies to women's football outside the top two divisions I think.
    Personally I don't see the sense in it with so much of the season played out. Some teams have already earned promotions in those leagues and I dare say a few will already be relegated.

Hate to say it but I think this is a worrying precursor of what's to come for the rest of the divisions. The only clubs that will really object to a null and void season are the few who occupy promotion places and those within reach. A small minority.

It wouldn't surprise me if all divisions below the championship were voided, with no relegation from the Championship.

It seems trivial compared to what's happening right now but at some point some decisions are going to have to be made and the process has now begun. A proper minefield.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    How accurate will the 500k tests per week be in Germany? They seam to have got hold of a lot of test kits whilst most country's are saying they are still testing the accuracy of the kits.
    As the virus was not identified until January all the available tests have been rushed to market with 'normal' trialling greatly curtailed.

The UK has hitherto been testing for the presence of a genetic component of the virus. That involves a fairly slow and complex technique, but is likely to have a high degree of accuracy. I believe that Germany is using a similar test.

Some antigen testing has appeared. That looks for elements of the outer casing of the virus. Such tests tend to be quicker to run, but are likely to have lower accuracy.

The Holy Grail at the moment is antibody testing, which will detect people who have been infected and are now immune.

I would also anticipate that a significant amount of fake/rubbish testing will make it to market, with both governments and members of the public being conned into buying tests that don't work either through plain dishonesty or incompetence on the part of the supplier. The mail order market will feature large in that.

Page 20 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast