+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Some of those symptoms are consistent with influenza and common cold cayton.
    I'm on my third chest infection since January. Felt absolutely shyte over the New Year for two weeks, never felt 100% since my flu jab in October last year.

Take care cayton.
    Casper if you remember when we spoke in rhino's in 2019 I said to you that when I had the flu jab in 2018, that it made me bad.
    After I spoke to you, i went for the jab, and yes I was ill again.

Did some shopping yesterday for pensioners in their 70's 80's 90's who dont have anyone to do it, went to Aldi in Parkgate for opening time, about a dozen people in the queue.
    My wife went with one trolley me with another, in & out quick, no flour or sugar, but got everything else for the people, still using wife's bra has a mask ( clean one ).

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    If you live in an urban area and go for a walk locally as advised them you have more chance of coming into close contact with people than if you drove to the Peak District to have a walk with loads of space around you, it doesn't make any sense.
    What if you have an accident whilst driving to the Peak District, possibly 2 of you in your car, 1 in the other, 3 hospital beds needlessly tied up, already overstretched ambulance service driving out to Derbyshire, nurses and doctors sidetracked from pandemic duties, risking them and yourselves to the real threat of catching the virus. Just because someone wants to stretch their legs in Derbyshire.

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Care to say what isn’t true then? If you don’t want to hear it fair enough because I know it’s upsetting but calling me a liar that’s another matter altogether so let’s hear what your truth is?

Perhaps you lie but would rather point a finger at others?
    25 when I looked but looking at some of the responses on here it’s been dropped so apologise to you

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Did some shopping yesterday for pensioners in their 70's 80's 90's who dont have anyone to do it, went to Aldi in Parkgate for opening time, about a dozen people in the queue.
    My wife went with one trolley me with another, in & out quick, no flour or sugar, but got everything else for the people, still using wife's bra has a mask ( clean one ).
    Were shopping for 3 house holds. 2 in there late 70s. One 80. Plus 5 in our house. Quite difficult getting the amount needed with restricted buying. It's like playing russian roulette on every visit. ��

Casper if you remember when we spoke in rhino's in 2019 I said to you that when I had the flu jab in 2018, that it made me bad.
    After I spoke to you, i went for the jab, and yes I was ill again.
    Hi Eric, hope you're well.
    Never had a problem previously with the flu jab neither has the wife until last year. Got invited for a pnemonia jab late December and passed on it.
    Maybe we had some cheap vaccine from Asia lol.

Did you get your hip operation or was it cancelled like mine ?

Ps...ask your wife if I can borrow the other half of her bra. ...sounds good...LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Hi Eric, hope you're well.
    Never had a problem previously with the flu jab neither has the wife until last year. Got invited for a pnemonia jab late December and passed on it.
    Maybe we had some cheap vaccine from Asia lol.

Did you get your hip operation or was it cancelled like mine ?

Ps...ask your wife if I can borrow the other half of her bra. ...sounds good...LOL..
    Not had the hip operation, been on waiting list since 30 September 2019, went to hip school told it would be 20 weeks waiting from the 30 September.
    Then after NHS cancelling operations, its knock back which is expected, i had got to waiting time of 24 weeks.
    One of mates who is on the list of same consultant since October 2019, telephoned the hospital up, he went back to see consultant beginning March 2020, he was told that he had been forgotten, & that he would push him up the list, so i will get in touch when operations are on again, it seems I have been forgot, it once happened before, after a new knee replacement they forgot to send for me for the follow up, i had to telephone the consultants secretary.
    Keep well mate.

Carlton Palmer just been interviewed on TalkSport Radio. He has been working in the Far East since before the coronavirus outbreak started and is still out there. Said situation there was only turned around by strictly restricting movement of people, and intensive testing. Also said in comparison, nothing much had been done in the UK yet, so likely to be many months before there is much positive effect.

Quite an interesting interview (unusual for him!) and showed some insight into what has been happening out there. I'm sure TalkSport Radio will repeat it and/or put it out as a podcast.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 01-04-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Sadly another 563 died yesterday ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Sadly another 563 died yesterday ☹️
    Hopeful that this is from before lockdown, next two weeks let’s hope that it’s not as many but I won’t be surprised if London still mounts up

Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast