+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

It was you not roly who admitted touching the latch on the farm gate
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 26-03-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Had to laugh yesterday, mates wife phoned our lass saying they are going down to wet lands at Wath-on-Dearne to exercise, taking a flask & sandwich with them most days.
    Exercise ? They are both on mobility scooters

It is a valid point Kerr makes about touching things while you are out. Not sure how long the virus lasts on things outside. I suppose you would just have to walk places where there are no gates and styles etc. You could plan for that as long as you know the route. I am going on a 3 mile dog walk shortly I do regularly and I don't see a rrason to touch anything. There is a wooden kissing gate but that is normally open and even if it wasnt you can push it open with your foot. Styles and farmers gates would not ve so easy to negotiate,

Ive thought of wearing gloves but surely you can transfer the bug to gloves and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Had to laugh yesterday, mates wife phoned our lass saying they are going down to wet lands at Wath-on-Dearne to exercise, taking a flask & sandwich with them most days.
    Exercise ? They are both on mobility scooters
    They were exercising their mobility scooters though

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It is a valid point Kerr makes about touching things while you are out. Not sure how long the virus lasts on things outside. I suppose you would just have to walk places where there are no gates and styles etc. You could plan for that as long as you know the route. I am going on a 3 mile dog walk shortly I do regularly and I don't see a rrason to touch anything. There is a wooden kissing gate but that is normally open and even if it wasnt you can push it open with your foot. Styles and farmers gates would not ve so easy to negotiate,

Ive thought of wearing gloves but surely you can transfer the bug to gloves and vice versa.
    I use plastic disposable gloves for the above and supermarket trolleys etc..

Were told the virus will only survive around 72 hours if not passed to another host, so the money in most peoples wallets on here will be virus free

It depends upon the weather. Sunshine destroys the virus fairly quickly as does higher humidity levels.

I hadn't realised that you went hill walking roly or have I missed you telling us?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I dont think it matters if you exercise once , twice or more if you are sensible, the reason the PM has said once is because some people are not.

Ive been running, cycling and walking. When walking there are problems as Kerr mentions with contact on gates, but you can choose routes that avoid gates or ones where you can climb over and always wear gloves.

Good news is its looks to be improving in china

been carrying rubber gloves and then soaking in boiling water once back at base and hand washing to boot - small ask really compared to what many key workers are facing

Can I still go for a walk?
    Walking dogs in park
    EPACopyright: EPA
    For those of us in countries like the US or the UK, wanting to go for a walk or take a bit of exercise outdoors can be a real headache, what with all the new rules.

On one hand, we've been told to stay home as much as possible. On the other hand, we've been told that it's important to keep exercising and that a walk or run in the park is OK.

So which is it?

It's OK to go out to a walk at a park - it's only when the parks become too crowded that it gets problematic.

The advice is to plan - as best as you can - your trip carefully.

It's also important to think carefully about where you go - and prioritise avoiding crowds.

Basically all about using ya noggin int it?
    Avoid crowds. It aint rocket science...
    Some people want you to do their thinking for em!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 26-03-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Name:  IMG-20200326-WA0002.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  86.3 KB

Got this game out for later.

The world's fate is in rolymiller's hands

Wish me luck!

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast