+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    So was he on the board of medical experts that the government are taking advise from?
    Probably not cayton and I'm desperately trying to see this thing for what it is and hoping we come through as a country in the best possible place we can be given the circumstances .

Richard Horton maybe outside the circle of so called experts but looking at his career and the field he excels in its a tragedy that he isn't on the inside in these times .

Mistakes cost lives that could have been saved , it's hard to accept that in these times .

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The only thing Corbyn is good at is instigating, he's a troublemaker (or activist if you prefer), that ability doesn't really translate into being the PM.

Was a poor choice for Labour leader.
    I feel history will be kinder to Corbyn than the present and the last election , especially given the current crisis we face right now .

Whatever we think about his history and flaws he was on the side of working class people .

Anyone on the side of the working class will always have a thumbs up from me despite his many flaws .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Probably not cayton and I'm desperately trying to see this thing for what it is and hoping we come through as a country in the best possible place we can be given the circumstances .

Richard Horton maybe outside the circle of so called experts but looking at his career and the field he excels in its a tragedy that he isn't on the inside in these times .

Mistakes cost lives that could have been saved , it's hard to accept that in these times .
    so if ive got this right. a bloke whos not the top expert is telling the bloke whos incharge and being advised by the top experts hes not doing his job correctly ? ok thanks for the link though i saw him live on QT my wife hates watching political shows. with it being on at 830pm she saw this one and commented. i dont like that bloke. hes coming across as very arrogant
    your right on one thing. mistakes cost lives though idiots not staying at home will cost more.
    Last edited by caytonmiller; 28-03-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I feel history will be kinder to Corbyn than the present and the last election , especially given the current crisis we face right now .

Whatever we think about his history and flaws he was on the side of working class people .

Anyone on the side of the working class will always have a thumbs up from me despite his many flaws .
    His wife has a coffee business and pays her workers peanuts, are they not working class people?

He's right-on Islington middle-class, nothing working class about him, his brother's called Piers.

Anyone talking about class , has no class

Plenty of experts? There's 1000s of medical experts and I bet you cant count on 1 hand the amount who are slating the government and medical experts who are guiding the government.. don't get me wrong. There may be near then end but I'm guessing most of them realise the ones who are guiding the government are prob the leaders in there field. .
    You lot? I've voted labour most of my life. Corbyn couldn't win a election so irrelevant point
    If you don't realise now Roly your posting negative reply. Well I guess you will never see it.
    Nice side step Cayton. You should play on the wing for us. I can only assume you would have said in the same circumstances corbyn dunt know what hes doing in which case why criticise what I'm saying, You cant have it all ways,

so if ive got this right. a bloke whos not the top expert is telling the bloke whos incharge and being advised by the top experts hes not doing his job correctly ? ok thanks for the link though i saw him live on QT my wife hates watching political shows. with it being on at 830pm she saw this one and commented. i dont like that bloke. hes coming across as very arrogant
    your right on one thing. mistakes cost lives though idiots not staying at home will cost more.
    There will be a conversation to be had on this when we get through it Cayton .

In fact a big feckin conversation .

The role of the state , the last 10 years , the NHS and how society has lost track on what's important and what's not .

A real game changer is this .

Nobody clapped the NHS last December at the GE .

Hmmmm ????

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    His wife has a coffee business and pays her workers peanuts, are they not working class people?

He's right-on Islington middle-class, nothing working class about him, his brother's called Piers.
    Well whilst you don't go down the route of hanging your hat to a particular party or movement then it's easy to criticise others , something Kerr does to particular affect whilst not revealing himself .

However to be totally frank whatever it is you do hang your hat on doesn't seem to me to exist .

The difference between us I guess is that I recognise the the impact Farage has had on UK politics despite never actually entering parliament even with a German born wife .

You'd do well not to find any hypocrisy within politics and that's a solid fact .

And that goes for anyone who went out at 8pm on Thursday night and clapped the NHS and voted Tory at the last election .

As hypocritical its probably possible to be given what they've had to endure with regard to working conditions and pay these last 10 years .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 28-03-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Just had a glance at the league table, late-comers USA have stormed their way to the top with a surge of new cases. Dark horses Iran are quietly creeping up the league too. UK looks well placed for a top 10 finish, but watch out for Switzerland who have come from nowhere and are now right in the mix.

In all seriousness, it is very grim reading. I am genuinely scared, for myself and my family and relatives, as everyone is. I have an added fear that when this is thought to be over, it still won't be. The vulnerable people, and I include myself (immunosuppressive medication) will still be susceptible to it and will still die from it when some form of normal life resumes. When restrictions are lifted, the spread will start again won't it?

Is animal a bit of a dick, or a full one?
    Just wondering.

Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast