+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

I was watching Nothing to declare earlier in the week where to test for the presence of narcotics, drugs etc & thinking that litmus paper turns blue or red in the presence of an acid or an alkali & wondered if an agent could be developed to turn a particular colour if sprayed on a surface in the presence of this virus . I'm no scientist
    Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    I was watching Nothing to declare earlier in the week where to test for the presence of narcotics, drugs etc & thinking that litmus paper turns blue or red in the presence of an acid or an alkali & wondered if an agent could be developed to turn a particular colour if sprayed on a surface in the presence of this virus . I'm no scientist
    Just a thought
    Today.
    The virus has been detected on envelopes a few hours old. Say you sprYed an envelope , the virus changing colour would still need a powerful microscope to see it.
    Best bet is drive through testing like South Korea. Ten min test , and result next day, to see if you have it or had it.
    My 2p.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    25 when I looked but looking at some of the responses on here it’s been dropped so apologise to you
    One reason not to be arguing about it then?

Maybe an apology to the vast majority of ****agers wouldn’t go amiss either.

Far too much bad press.

Supermarkets is where it’s at. Surely delivering food parcels by postcode to the most vulnerable has to be escalated.
    Last edited by howdydoo; 01-04-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Hi Casper, it makes me despair sometimes. I believe the majority of the British public are doing what’s been asked of them , it’s a mindless, selfish few who think they are exempt , unfortunately it’s only taking this “ few” to spread this horrible virus to all of us.
    The unnamable cretin you encountered yesterday being one of them.
    On a lighter note, it’s only a few weeks ago our biggest concern was the Millers defence. I’ve made a promise to myself that when we start playing again, not one moan from me for a full season. ( hopefully I will still be around !! )
    I wasn't out with my youngest daughter, she was shopping on her own, incident upset her a bit.
    You're correct majority of people are acting sensibly and it's a minority that isn't.
    I also despair when some are coughing and spitting on frontline NHS and Police officers, beggars belief that someone could do that.
    Take care.

Edit : eldest daughter has been ordering on line for more than twelve months, this time last week she was unable to order due to demand on the system.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 01-04-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I wasn't out with my youngest daughter, she was shopping on her own, incident upset her a bit.
    You're correct majority of people are acting sensibly and it's a minority that isn't.
    I also despair when some are coughing and spitting on frontline NHS and Police officers, beggars belief that someone could do that.
    Take care.
    C U N T S

Video evidence should result in an automatic 5 year sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Today.
    The virus has been detected on envelopes a few hours old. Say you sprYed an envelope , the virus changing colour would still need a powerful microscope to see it.
    Best bet is drive through testing like South Korea. Ten min test , and result next day, to see if you have it or had it.
    My 2p.
    Didn't intend suggestion [if possible that is] to replace testing but to possibly highlight the virus' presence & thus supplement testing

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Fair enough lincs. I think the police force is probably stretched enough and think they would be better deployed in other areas than watching folks in the middle of nowhere. I would doubt very much that the corona virus is going to be spread very much by folks walking the peaks. They would be better deployed in other areas. I mentioned supermarkets on another thread. They could start there for a start.
    Its not easy Roly, Im a keen angler, fished all through winter for scraps, spring time when fishing at its best, The lakes I fish are walkable with the wind behind me but unforunateley the owner has had to close. The angling forum is full of posters trying to make a case for allowing fishing, ie .. the distance between pegs, outdoor , social isolation quite easy to achieve. Its a logistical impossibilty for the Gov. to seperate the can do's from the cant's at this time. In the scheme of things Im quite happy to abide to the rules uf it means keeping my other half and myself virus free
    UTM

Am I being dumb but testing frontline workers who are not showing symptoms. Is this a waste of time?.
    I get testing those who are showing signs and those who are at home in isolation but isn't it a waste of a test and use of resources?

Just had a chat with a friend who's Employer has offices and operations in the Far East.
    They have said to the UK staff that the Asia operations are now starting up again with a view to returning to normality.
    Apparently Clients are expecting full steam ahead very shortly and are not holding back future work
    These offices are effectively underpinning the U.K. a bit whilst we are still in lockdown

It won't be the same for everyone, everywhere in the FarEast but it's encouraging.
    Hopefully it will have a ripple effect to the UK once we've ridden the storm

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Am I being dumb but testing frontline workers who are not showing symptoms. Is this a waste of time?.
    I get testing those who are showing signs and those who are at home in isolation but isn't it a waste of a test and use of resources?
    Do we actually know how long we might have had it before the symptoms?
    Personally I think there’s a lot that have probably had it and haven’t realised or even have it now and not realise so makes sense to me

Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast