+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

Can anyone explain to me how and why several passenger flights from Rome and New York per day are landing at Heathrow.

I can better that. Out on the patio the other day and i happened to look up and saw a large jet so looked it up on Flight radar 24.

The one I looked at was flying from Halifax to Dubai. Out of curiosity, I further looked up flights arriving at Heathrow and was gobsmacked to see a 757 flying in from Hong Kong of all places!

Looking at it now, one plane just left Stanstead to Memphis, it is a FedEx plane though so suppose they don't count. another one, Ryan Air
    737- 8AS flown to Stanstead from Dublin.
    Last edited by Brin; 03-04-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how and why several passenger flights from Rome and New York per day are landing at Heathrow.
    Because they say that now it's here it wouldn't make any difference.

We could have stopped flights and all transport into the country early then possibly everyone in the country then could have carried on as normal, but it would have been difficult to keep it out as it's almost everywhere.

Repatriation flights . More to come. Been planned for weeks. Stop making issues out of nowt.

Stopping Chinese students returning to the uk after xmas might have been beneficial with hindsight.
    Students attending York University and staying in that hotel.

The death toll and number of confirmed cases is now rocketing only days after it looked as though the upward spoke 'might' have been showing early signs of peaking. A couple of weeks ago, the first weekend when the government politely asked people to stay home and for pubs, restaurants and other meeting places to close, and every ****er defiantly chose to go out for one last piss up, then head to the parks, beaches and tourist attractions over the weekend in record numbers, I wonder how much of an impact those selfish actions will have on todays grim readings?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    The death toll and number of confirmed cases is now rocketing only days after it looked as though the upward spoke 'might' have been showing early signs of peaking. A couple of weeks ago, the first weekend when the government politely asked people to stay home and for pubs, restaurants and other meeting places to close, and every ****er defiantly chose to go out for one last piss up, then head to the parks, beaches and tourist attractions over the weekend in record numbers, I wonder how much of an impact those selfish actions will have on todays grim readings?
    If the lockdown had been earlier then we'd only have been delaying it, people won't put up with more than a month of lockdown and the economy certainly can't take it.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    As a parent with 7 year old, I find myself nodding emphatically with your (and Howdy's) comments about kids being fearful, parents struggling to cope with them and home school as well as do our jobs remotely. We've been quite open about what the virus is and why it is important to be cautious, why this is happening, how we aren't in immediate danger (as quite a fit relatively young family) and doing all we can to keep her occupied. But for the first time, she's scared of the dark and won't sleep in her larger room, instead wanting her old small room back. All I think are reactions to the deeper fears about the current situation.

I've been a teacher for years but of adults and I am struggling with the huge amounts of patience it needs to teach basics of English and maths for long periods of time. It brings my own shortfalls as a patient parent right to the fore, and together with struggling with the constant need for attention and noise when trying to do my own job on a kitchen table laptop is the most challenging thing I've dealt with - just the constant feeling of failing on the most important things on a daily basis! Man this is hard but you and Howdy are right, the kids are most important and the most vulnerable so straight face on at all times :-) Wife really struggling at the moment too - neither of us used to staying at home for long periods.

We'll be fine, there are two of us parents and could be a lot, lot worse. I feel for those with multi kids at home, especially babies and toddlers, although obviously they won't be as aware and scared of what's happening. Just a little rant from Pup Towers, soz all!
    I would imagine that it is really hard for ****agers and people in their early 20s (I'm thinking back to when I was that age).

On the other hand, my kids who are 7 and 9 are loving life at the minute. I lied to them the other day saying lockdown is over and it's back to school and they really weren't happy.

From a personal viewpoint, I'm not really struggling at all. Not having to rush and get up in a morning, I'm getting as much work done as I normally do even though I've got the kids. Bad point is that I'm drinking more (or is that bad?).

It's worrying for the older folk though. My Dad has COPD so he is quite worried about this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    If the lockdown had been earlier then we'd only have been delaying it, people won't put up with more than a month of lockdown and the economy certainly can't take it.
    gf, that's the biggest threat of all. The economy will be on it's knees soon and poor people on zero hour contracts will be hit hit hard if not already, along with the self employed. As for locking people down even more, it simply has to be done if we are to put a stop on the increase of covid cases and deaths. In my opinion, Military action should be deployed to help the police if things get out of control and idiots won't conform to a government request of national emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, the first weekend when the government politely asked people to stay home and for pubs, restaurants and other meeting places to close, and every ****er defiantly chose to go out for one last piss up, then head to the parks, beaches and tourist attractions over the weekend in record numbers, I wonder how much of an impact those selfish actions will have on todays grim readings?
    Keeping shops open to sell football scarves
    Opening up your car park and encourage people to congregate to sell beer

All 72 hours before lockdown

Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast