+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

As the last one exceeded 1000 replies I thought it might be easier for navigation to close that one and continue here.

Just seen a report on TV here on a local Seattle beach showing a bearded old bloke wearing a red quilted jacket. ill fitting jogging pants and with an English accent protesting his rights to exercise. Was it you Roly?

@ Roly.

I see you had me down as someone who is opposed to exercise yesterday. I don't know where that notion came from; I simply addressed your belief that it is impossible to catch the virus after leaving your home if you maintain 2m social distancing.

As I explained, 2m social distancing will reduce the risk of transmission to a level that the government considers acceptable when coupled with the instruction to restrict your exercise to one expedition per day. It doesn't eliminate it.

Outdoor exercise creates further risk. On a walk yesterday around the village where I live, I had to open a farm gate. Doing so involved touching a latch that would have been touched by every other walker who went through that gate. It’s that sort of thing that you need to think about if you are going to reduce the risk to yourself and protect NHS resources.

I dont think it matters if you exercise once , twice or more if you are sensible, the reason the PM has said once is because some people are not.

Ive been running, cycling and walking. When walking there are problems as Kerr mentions with contact on gates, but you can choose routes that avoid gates or ones where you can climb over and always wear gloves.

Good news is its looks to be improving in china

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    @ Roly.

I see you had me down as someone who is opposed to exercise yesterday. I don't know where that notion came from; I simply addressed your belief that it is impossible to catch the virus after leaving your home if you maintain 2m social distancing.

As I explained, 2m social distancing will reduce the risk of transmission to a level that the government considers acceptable when coupled with the instruction to restrict your exercise to one expedition per day. It doesn't eliminate it.

Outdoor exercise creates further risk. On a walk yesterday around the village where I live, I had to open a farm gate. Doing so involved touching a latch that would have been touched by every other walker who went through that gate. It’s that sort of thing that you need to think about if you are going to reduce the risk to yourself and protect NHS resources.
    Correct Kerr, something people don’t realise that’s why I mentioned about cleaning your outside door handles/gates
    I’ve been leaving our gate open until late on so them that turn up (postie/delivers) don’t have to touch owt

Best to wear gloves when out and about

Add your dustbin handles to that as well

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Add your dustbin handles to that as well
    And picking your post up that has been pushed through the letterbox!!

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    @ Roly.

So it was you was it?

An investigation has been launched after a farmer was allegedly punched 15 times and kicked in the ribs when he asked a Peak District walker to "go home" during the coronavirus lockdown.

Derbyshire Police said the victim, from Edale, was "left shaken and bruised" after he was assaulted while disinfecting his gates at around 9.45am on Sunday due to the "hundreds of people" walking past.

The force has asked all those considering a trip to the Peak District in the warm weather to stay at home – adding: "While we have this fantastic space in our county, right now is not the time to be using it".

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    So it was you was it?

An investigation has been launched after a farmer was allegedly punched 15 times and kicked in the ribs when he asked a Peak District walker to "go home" during the coronavirus lockdown.

Derbyshire Police said the victim, from Edale, was "left shaken and bruised" after he was assaulted while disinfecting his gates at around 9.45am on Sunday due to the "hundreds of people" walking past.

The force has asked all those considering a trip to the Peak District in the warm weather to stay at home – adding: "While we have this fantastic space in our county, right now is not the time to be using it".
    Roly is the bloke who was hill walking the other day.

It raises an interesting point - the public exercise the right to roam leaving farmers having to disinfect the gates they need to open in their work.

Roly comes across as a lover not a fighter so doubt it was him

Got a e-mail from Asda this morning, about shopping in the store, putting screens up around check-outs, & distance to keep between customers.
    Asda say that they are paying their staff who are at home self-isolating full pay, & that in June a extra one weeks pay will be given to their staff who have worked durin g the panademic.

Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast