+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gf, that's rather unfair to compare wages. To be a Nurse or Midwife you have to under take 3 years of training and also take annual exams to get to the next level, before earning a degree.

I'm not saying Care Workers are any less important but, they have a different level of work ethics and responsibilities as opposed to those I've mentioned.

One thing I do agree to about Care workers, is they have as much right to the correction protection as any health worker.
    Nurses have more responsibility it's true but care workers and nursing assistants work just as hard, nursing assistants are doing a lot of the heavy lifting while the nurses are dealing out the pills.
    Last edited by great_fire; 06-04-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Nurses have more responsibility it's true but care workers and nursing assistants work just as hard, nursing assistants are doing a lot of the heavy lifting while the nurses are dealing out the pills.
    Different jobs but both deserve the same amount of protection...

Good luck and best wishes animal by the way

Brother inlaws wife got it.
    Nurse at roth gen.
    Its a feker this bstard.

Shakes head in disbelief....do you not think that's how Nurses/Midwife's first set off in employment but bettered themselves through taking a degree career? They've all been there and done it.

My Wife still has to help lift pregnant Mother's, some weighing in at excessive amounts! She sometimes doesn't get any assistance.
    Last edited by Brin; 06-04-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Shakes head in disbelief....
    You do know nurses didn't always have to have degrees?

Nurses without degrees weren't any worse at their jobs.

In fact if we went back to the old days and scrapped that requirement we'd probably have a fully-staffed NHS.
    Last edited by great_fire; 06-04-2020 at 05:05 PM.

You do know nurses didn't always have to have degrees?

Nurses without degrees weren't any worse at their jobs.

In fact if we went back to the old day and scrapped that requirement we'd probably have a fully-staffed NHS.
    Err yes I do. I helped my Wife go through her Midwifery training. I'm also aware that it is now degree based as our Daughter is currently looking to start Sheff Uni in October on a 3 year course to gain a degree as a Registered Children's Nurse.

Also agree with you in that all this degree nonsense doesn't make you any better than the old way of training. The Wife says, hands on is far better than being trained up in a classroom, old school she says always works better.

As for being degree based, this has put a lot of genuine hard working people off from applying as the entrance qualifications are too steep.
    Last edited by Brin; 06-04-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Err yes I do. I helped my Wife go through her Midwifery training. I'm also aware that it is now degree based as our Daughter is currently looking to start Sheff Uni in October on a 3 year course to gain a degree as a Registered Children's Nurse.

Also agree with you in that all this degree nonsense doesn't make you any better than the old way of training. The Wife says, hands on is far better than being trained up in a classroom, old school she says always works better.

As for being degree based, this has put a lot of genuine hard working people off from applying as the entrance qualifications are too steep.
    I agree Brin. My daughter qualified as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) in her final year of high school here in the US and worked for 5 years in care homes and a hospital (the one where the first US virus death occurred) while working towards a degree. She moved to the UK 2 years ago and despite having a nursing license was disheartened that she couldn't get any work there without doing a degree. At the moment she's sat at home in Barnsley tearing her hair out doing OU studies instead of being able to help on the front line. She even considered coming back here because when the virus first broke Washington State were offering nurses $3.5K/week to come in from other states.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Brother inlaws wife got it.
    Nurse at roth gen.
    Its a feker this bstard.
    Tested bro in law. Hes got it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Tested bro in law. Hes got it as well.
    Hope they are both OK Crash?

I was speaking to a few GP,s and Consultant Doctor,s leading up to the last Election and they all said they would prefer that Nurses were trained by the old, hands on method by learning full time on the wards rather than by the Degree method. Much more useful and better trained was the conclusion

It also means that Nurses are not burdened with the costs of obtaining a degree because let's face it isn't the best paid profession and it will take them a long time to pay it off

Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast