+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

It must be very personal to Roly, only reason you’d go off like that isn’t it?

This is what gm said on his Investment thread a few weeks ago "Some massive dividends out there at the moment, and some fantastic investment opportunities."

Somerset Capital say there are “super normal returns” to be had at the moment.

Of course companies need to keep trading - we are all fighting for our existence.

But, this is specifically saying you can make bunce off the back of abject misery, people dying, employees losing their job and businesses going bust. Ultimately its the Government and taxpayer who will be propping up these returns.

As a nation Id rather we found ways to share the cost. But, true to form, it looks like some will engineer a way to profit while others pick up the tab - feeling like 2008 revisited.

Disaster capitalism is the smack head of the industry , the lowest of the low .

I'd sooner manage on a state pension than make money by that method .

Making huge sums of money on the back of misery , death and tragedy .

No different from drug cartels in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    If he was bothered about deaths why did his govt run the NHS down so much in the last few years? Ask any nurse or doctor and they will tell you about the pathetic state the NHS has got into under the tories. This disease has just served to highlight how weak it is and it will mean more deaths because of it..

Yep support the tories they care about the dying my ar se...

When this is all done and dusted the tories will realise they will have to do more for the NHS. How will they pay for it? Austerity measures again. Who will suffer most and bear the brunt of these measures again? The poor. What will happen if there is more poverty? More deaths linked to it. Will the likes of rees Mogg be one of those deaths. Not on your Nellie...

Have a great kip...
    Look, we get it. You care about the NHS and people getting ill and dying. But here's a shock for you - you don't have a monopoly on caring. We all care, and we all do what we can. You don't want to hear this, but Rees Mogg and his companies have generated infinitely more money fo the exchequer and the NHS than you or I ever will. What they do does not negatively impact on the fight against Coronavirus and anything else that might come along in any way. On the contrary it helps to generate the tax money that pays for what everyone needs right now. We can't all be doctors, nurses or scientists. We can only do what we can do. And if there are people helping keep the economy ticking over and people in jobs, I'm not going to allow the fact that they will also profit from it, cloud my judgement. And I'm certainly not going to wish illness upon them.

We have a pandemic, people losing life's, give it a rest with all this back biting.

We are all as one, if we don't stand together we die. But keep 2 metres apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Look, we get it. You care about the NHS and people getting ill and dying. But here's a shock for you - you don't have a monopoly on caring. We all care, and we all do what we can. You don't want to hear this, but Rees Mogg and his companies have generated infinitely more money fo the exchequer and the NHS than you or I ever will. What they do does not negatively impact on the fight against Coronavirus and anything else that might come along in any way. On the contrary it helps to generate the tax money that pays for what everyone needs right now. We can't all be doctors, nurses or scientists. We can only do what we can do. And if there are people helping keep the economy ticking over and people in jobs, I'm not going to allow the fact that they will also profit from it, cloud my judgement. And I'm certainly not going to wish illness upon them.
    So do the funeral care companies and florists but they do it with rather more class .

Although I do take your point .

What about the shops that are hiking prices up?

We will all be pissed off about something but some things that are put on here are just idiotic imo

I’d rather we all just try and get to the end of this virus and stay alive

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    What about the shops that are hiking prices up?

We will all be pissed off about something but some things that are put on here are just idiotic imo

I’d rather we all just try and get to the end of this virus and stay alive
    I think much of the emotion directed at disaster capitalism has it's roots in the financial crash in 2008 and what occurred afterwards Miller .

The present situation brings these things back up again .

It's not easy to just let it go for me personally and the impact 2008 had on this country .

A coronavirus drive-through testing centre has been introduced in Sheffield.

Health chiefs say it is part of extensive plans they are putting in place Nationwide to tackle a range of scenarios as the virus spreads.

There are currently two confirmed cases in South Yorkshire.

Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation has said in a statement that a specially trained team will test people who are given an appointment by NHS 111 at a location just off the Sheffield Parkway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Wow nice guy your hero:

https://www.newstatesman.com/culture...torians-review

se x ist, racist,all round greedy bas tard, religious fundamentalist, pompous, naive, complete disregard for the working class, glosses over massacres and pillage I have only skim read it as well

You need to find yourself some better heroes to worship. It reflects badly on you..He is basically an all round tw at and scumbag but hey he is a bloody good capitalist.

By the sounds of that I would think there are probably many people who wish him some serious harm...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 08-04-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Page 54 of 101 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast