+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (2)

And before any one chimes up . I was not clearing any shelves. No one was buying it. They were too busy buying bog rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    I bought some face masks at £12 / 100. Early doors before things looked like it was going to go tits up , for the family. Not to sell
    Also got dried yeast.
    And loads of nido powder. Before prices went up.
    Next problem will be bins not being emptied.
    Not just the garden waste.
    I reckon 1 - 10 going towards the peak. We are 1.
    Now asking £70-90 per 100 on E bay
    £90 - 150 on Amazon

In February I saw tons of those face masks on Wish, which is basically an online jumble sale of all sorts. £1 for 10, £5 for 100 etc. Some packs were even free, just pay shipping of about 3 quid. At that point I along with nearly everyone thought the virus would just be a flash in the pan and wouldn't be a problem outside of China.
    I didn't bother buying any, regrettably. The experts have said they offer little in the way of protection anyway, while others say they're better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    In February I saw tons of those face masks on Wish, which is basically an online jumble sale of all sorts. £1 for 10, £5 for 100 etc. Some packs were even free, just pay shipping of about 3 quid. At that point I along with nearly everyone thought the virus would just be a flash in the pan and wouldn't be a problem outside of China.
    I didn't bother buying any, regrettably. The experts have said they offer little in the way of protection anyway, while others say they're better than nothing.
    They do offer little but they help protect you from touching your mouth, or shoving your fingers up your snotter.
    And supressing coughs and sneezes.

Can actually still get them on Wish, prices vary, but nowhere near the silly money people have mentioned. Start from a quid for one, with various offers for packs of 5, 10, 50 or whatever. Thing is they are almost all made in and shipped from China, so could be quite a wait. Might be worth doing though, It's not like I'm going anywhere for a while 😷

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Wow 2 companies eh
    That's how to mobilise the countries' resources
    When will this shower of sh1t we call a government realise we are at war with an unseen enemy
    I guess quite a few countries have a shower of **** called a government by the way this has transpired including UK, USA, Italy, Spain, France... Here's a timeline from the "leader of the free world"

30 January: "We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment - five. And those people are all recuperating successfully."

10 February: "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away."

27 February: "It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

17 March: "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. I've always viewed it as very serious."

25 March: "We're going to be opening relatively soon... I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter."

30 March: Mr Trump extends virus measures to the end of April and says that if the US death toll finishes at or below 100,000, "we all will have done a very good job".

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I guess quite a few countries have a shower of **** called a government by the way this has transpired including UK, USA, Italy, Spain, France... Here's a timeline from the "leader of the free world"

30 January: "We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment - five. And those people are all recuperating successfully."

10 February: "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away."

27 February: "It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle, it will disappear."

17 March: "I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic. I've always viewed it as very serious."

25 March: "We're going to be opening relatively soon... I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter."

30 March: Mr Trump extends virus measures to the end of April and says that if the US death toll finishes at or below 100,000, "we all will have done a very good job".
    I think he's just trying to stop the stock market crashing.

Trump is such a germaphobe that aides aren't allowed to cough in his presence and visitors must wash their hands before entering the Oval Office, report says
    https://www.businessinsider.com/germ...19-7?r=US&IR=T

A typically mocking article from July 2019, maybe he's not so dumb?
    Last edited by great_fire; 30-03-2020 at 10:18 AM.

I have a family member who works in a hospice and this really came home to me when speaking with them recently. I think one of the hardest things all of us could face and hopefully it doesn’t happen to any of us - is that should any of those we care about fall seriously ill we would not be able to be with them when they die and only 10 are allowed at a funeral and then with social distancing so we couldn’t even hug or get close at a time of great need - that is the thing that scares a lot of folk and understandably so.

Perhaps one thing that will come out of this will be reminders of the importance of those close caring attachments in our lives - easy to take them for granted at times

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I think he's just trying to stop the stock market crashing.

https://www.businessinsider.com/germ...19-7?r=US&IR=T

A typically mocking article from July 2019, maybe he's not so dumb?
    But when it comes to handing out pens

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-n...c2bb8ad0af0f0f

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    I have a family member who works in a hospice and this really came home to me when speaking with them recently. I think one of the hardest things all of us could face and hopefully it doesn’t happen to any of us - is that should any of those we care about fall seriously ill we would not be able to be with them when they die and only 10 are allowed at a funeral and then with social distancing so we couldn’t even hug or get close at a time of great need - that is the thing that scares a lot of folk and understandably so.

Perhaps one thing that will come out of this will be reminders of the importance of those close caring attachments in our lives - easy to take them for granted at times
    Like being on social media this post, most isn’t true

Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast