+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: League proposal

If there is to be a split and restructure then it should be done with the current standings in mind and also the purpose of a league table, reflecting the desire for sides to WIN games. So certainly top 2 from Championship should go up with the bottom in the Prem being relegated into whatever the champ will be called, or at worst a pre season playoff between the premier bottom and Champ runners up.

A new champ with Hearts in would be much more interesting and lucrative than a champ without a big team.

I posted something about what i thought would happen with the league's,it seems a lifetime ago and i cannie even remember what thread i posted it on.My prediction was the league's would stand and next season there would be a 14 team top league.
    The reason i think this will happen is the clubs need the prize money to survive,now, THE Rangers can say what they like about sporting integrity and needing the fans with us on our journey but they need the prize money as much as the rest of the clubs and it will only be given out in full when league positions are set in stone.
    There is one other possibility and that is games being played behind closed doors in June at the earliest,i would prefer this outcome but whether ALL the clubs can survive till then is another question.

Closed doors would be my preference as well. At least get it played to a finish, but I genuinely can't see anything like that happening in June. This is gonna go on for months, way beyond June. Maybe not lockdown, but the whole social distancing thing is still gonna be around for those of us that don't catch it. All we're doing right now is slowing the spread. I'm started to think we won't even see a football season begin in August. Certainly not with full stadiums.

That seems like a decent idea to me.

There's no easy answer. If you play the current season to the end then how do you fit the fixures in before next season? If you end the season now and keep the current structure then the teams getting relegated are rightly going to kick up a fuss.

Plus there's the issue of playing games behind closed doors, cash flow, TV deals, sponsorships.

The only issue I can see is what you do with the teams at the top of the leagues. Do you award them the title, or just void the season. Probably only an issue in the Glasgow goldfish bowl though.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFC4EVER View Post
    That seems like a decent idea to me.

There's no easy answer. If you play the current season to the end then how do you fit the fixures in before next season? If you end the season now and keep the current structure then the teams getting relegated are rightly going to kick up a fuss.

Plus there's the issue of playing games behind closed doors, cash flow, TV deals, sponsorships.

The only issue I can see is what you do with the teams at the top of the leagues. Do you award them the title, or just void the season. Probably only an issue in the Glasgow goldfish bowl though.
    My reading of it would be if the season was voided the TV companies and sponsors may claim that no payments need to be made because the season never happened.The Rangers can celebrate the virus stopping nine in a row then see their club going to the wall again.

If all players are tested or subject to self isolate rules - cough and you are out - then could maybe start up the football at some time like June 🤞

If Scottish football could start up again and play behind closed doors it would attract a tv audience - everyone is desperate for football and something to improve the collective mood

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    If all players are tested or subject to self isolate rules - cough and you are out - then could maybe start up the football at some time like June ��

If Scottish football could start up again and play behind closed doors it would attract a tv audience - everyone is desperate for football and something to improve the collective mood
    Agreed; The Aussie Football and Soccer Leagues are playing behind closed doors. PPV for non season ticket holders and season ticket holders view for free; with them getting a code before hand, would be my suggestion to get some revenue

It would be great if we could at least get the season going playing behind closed doors. Streaming the games for PPV.

As season ticket holders we would be more than happy to pay for that. Let’s face it anything financially to help the club out in the midst of this s.hitstorm would be more than welcome I am sure.

However, nae chance it will happen.

I think it will be league reconstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    However, nae chance it will happen.

I think it will be league reconstruction.
    Yeah, 14-10-10-10, nobody gets hurt.

Hearts - ecstatic
    United - nuff said
    ICT - Robbo bonus
    Partick - ecstatic
    Raith & Falkirk - both happy, better C'ship
    Brechin - lifeline
    Brora - delighted (div 2 North)
    Kelty - delighted (div 2 South)

Structuring the 14 can be someone else's problem.
    But I'll try - play 26 games H & A then top 6/bottom 8 split H & A = 36/40 games.
    No doubt bottom 8 in the huff at limited Celtic/The Rangers games.
    But they would have the benefit of the 4 extra games I suppose.
    Straight one up/one down Prem/C'ship. 13th/2nd play off H & A.

Ok, wish I hadn't tried.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)