+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: League proposal

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yeah, 14-10-10-10, nobody gets hurt.

Hearts - ecstatic
    United - nuff said
    ICT - Robbo bonus
    Partick - ecstatic
    Raith & Falkirk - both happy, better C'ship
    Brechin - lifeline
    Brora - delighted (div 2 North)
    Kelty - delighted (div 2 South)

Structuring the 14 can be someone else's problem.
    But I'll try - play 26 games H & A then top 6/bottom 8 split H & A = 36/40 games.
    No doubt bottom 8 in the huff at limited Celtic/The Rangers games.
    But they would have the benefit of the 4 extra games I suppose.
    Straight one up/one down Prem/C'ship. 13th/2nd play off H & A.

Ok, wish I hadn't tried.
    I’m happy with this. League one could also be split into north and south as per OP.

The bottom 8 is a lot of games - I think offer winner of bottom 8 play off for Europa league so something to play for. Also the 2 getting relegated will mean plenty involved in that scrap.

Agree that extra matches home and away can compensate for no old firm

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It would appear we are rapidly approaching the end game of this process according to this BBC report. I would highlight the aspect regarding ‘taking legal advice’. Take from that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092857
    It actually makes my blood boil these comments.

The tv companies care little whether there are 12 or 14 in top league - all they want is to broadcast old firm matches.

The tv companies will not walk away and why should they. Chance here to improve the product and will make little difference. They can still broadcast x number of matches a week and take their pick.

How can they say English premier league playing fixtures can be done but in Scotland it is fanciful.

These comments fill me dread and anger at what SFA may be planning

I think what most people are forgetting is its chickenfeed we are thrown every year from the TV companies and paying us out is really not a problem to them.Its the money they are due to pay out to the English Premier League for an unfinished season that will be their main concern.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)