+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: League proposal

I dont really know whats best to do for the Scottish premiership but why is there an obsession with this daft split?

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    I dont really know whats best to do for the Scottish premiership but why is there an obsession with this daft split?
    I like the split, especially in larger leagues, as it means more competitive matches longer into the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    The split's the best thing that ever happened Arab 8010.
    Ok it was driven by having a 12-team league (44 game schedule too many, 39 just enough).
    But without it there are some drab, meaningless games in mid-table towards the end of the season.

It would appear we are rapidly approaching the end game of this process according to this BBC report. I would highlight the aspect regarding ‘taking legal advice’. Take from that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092857

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    It would appear we are rapidly approaching the end game of this process according to this BBC report. I would highlight the aspect regarding ‘taking legal advice’. Take from that what you will.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52092857
    " Instead, they are minded to protect next season with as little disruption as possible given new broadcast deals are due to begin. "

REALLY??? Omelettes and eggs methinks!!! "Protect next ******g season" for TV????

Lets think about protecting EVERYONE that's doing their bit to help us through this nightmare (and that includes staying home with your family as requested) before even thinking about finance!

I know the money is desperately needed by some clubs , but let's get the priorities correct here FFS

I hate the split personally, would much prefer a bigger league

What I hate about the split is that the teams that sneak into the top half see finishing half way up the table being an achievement. Middle of the table !! Its some extra money but the way some managers & teams go on about it you would think they had won the champions league

Quote Originally Posted by Bannons boots View Post
    What I hate about the split is that the teams that sneak into the top half see finishing half way up the table being an achievement. Middle of the table !! Its some extra money but the way some managers & teams go on about it you would think they had won the champions league
    Saying that I mind when we scored in the last minute v Aberdeen to make top 6 and Tannadice went mental.

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    Saying that I mind when we scored in the last minute v Aberdeen to make top 6 and Tannadice went mental.
    Too right it's always good to get one over they sheep sh@gging b@stards. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by utd4me View Post
    To BOULDING go where no man has gone before.

Did the Fun (already relegated weeks earlier) not win at Killie the same day allowing us to get top 6 at Killie's expense?

You're right about Tannadice going mental. It must be in my top 10 mental games.

The season had been painful & we couldn't buy a home win & Rory's goal was just a massive emotional release.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)