+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: National Leagues to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by paulharding View Post
    100 agree! The sooner football is just cancelled until all this is over the better. Sick of hearing about it like it’s the end of the world if the season isn’t completed.
    It's not the end of the world if we conclude the season when it's safe to do so either. The decision should have been made sooner, it's a pity there wasn't already a rule in place, but we all know where we stand now.

The right decision and so far all football has been cancelled it wont start again until May at the very earliest.

You can lay plans for next season but nobody knows when that will be at this moment.

Sport isnt the be all and end all but lets not kid ourselves we all want this virus to p#ss off so we can live our lives again.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    There will be windows in-between the waves of infections, whether or not we'll have a window long enough to complete in one go remains to be seen but I hope they have the sense to re-schedule the FA Trophy semi-finals and final after all of the league and play off games have been concluded.
    We only need c 1 month to finish the season. Anything less than one month wouldnt even qualify as a cat-flap let alone a window!

If we don't go up, at least it will be up to us and not a committee of numty's saying so

The National League just needs to do whatever the leagues above do. Realistically, when football does restart it will probably be behind closed doors initially, although lord knows when that will be. They should still be aiming to complete it, even if we have to abandon the FA Trophy.

Of course it doesn’t matter in the greater scheme of things, but I’m not going to suddenly stop caring about football now after 45 years of being a Notts fan.

Mind you, I’ve just finished my second week of working from home and only being able to go out either to buy food or walk the dog - and if the coronavirus doesn’t get me, I suspect the weight gain might.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Mind you, I’ve just finished my second week of working from home and only being able to go out either to buy food or walk the dog - and if the coronavirus doesn’t get me, I suspect the weight gain might.
    I suggest longer dog walks!

The National League just needs to do whatever the leagues above do. Realistically, when football does restart it will probably be behind closed doors initially....
    Curiously, before football was shut down I think there was talk of 'banning' older people from attending, so I do wonder if they will consider limited capacities (to keep people at least a couple of seats apart) and restrict entry to under 50s (or under 40s or whatever). It wouldn't be fair and there would be issues regards season ticket holders but any sort of compromise would be better than BCD.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Curiously, before football was shut down I think there was talk of 'banning' older people from attending, so I do wonder if they will consider limited capacities (to keep people at least a couple of seats apart) and restrict entry to under 50s (or under 40s or whatever). It wouldn't be fair and there would be issues regards season ticket holders but any sort of compromise would be better than BCD.
    Some would say under 70s would easily reduce the attendance at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I suggest longer dog walks!
    Officially we are allowed to take the dog 100 metres from our place of residence and no more - although I’d like to see them enforce that.

Officially we are allowed to take the dog 100 metres from our place of residence and no more - although I’d like to see them enforce that.
    Is there a time limit? You could go back and forth several times? I saw the video of the dog being walked from a first floor balcony and then being hoisted back up again!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast