+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Show your appreciation for the NHS at 8pm

Show your appreciation for the NHS at 8pm

There is supposed to be a nhs appreciation clap at 8pm tonight, so I urge any of you who can to join in (in practical terms) to say thanks to these heros.

I have always loved our NHS service and the wonderful people who work in it.
    But for years they have been over worked and underpaid by successive governments, but now a plague has hit the country people have taken them for granted for years suddenly realise how important they are.
    I have never heard anything has daft in my life as opening the windows and clapping. I seriously worry about the mental health of the average Briton these days.
    Want to show appreciation for the NHS? Scrap HS2 and put the money into our health service.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I have always loved our NHS service and the wonderful people who work in it.
    But for years they have been over worked and underpaid by successive governments, but now a plague has hit the country people have taken them for granted for years suddenly realise how important they are.
    I have never heard anything has daft in my life as opening the windows and clapping. I seriously worry about the mental health of the average Briton these days.
    Want to show appreciation for the NHS? Scrap HS2 and put the money into our health service.
    ffs des get a life you humbug.

Lots of people came to their balconies and clapped and some rang some bells. They have been doing this in Italy and Spain and it is the least we can do show our appreciation.

WOW! that was unbelievable, virtually our whole street hanging out of windows and stood on door steps clapping!

Absolutely brilliant, I almost welled up!

Well done NHS workers, you’re all heroes👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

We live in a remote country lane and we clapped.

We heard distant clapping from other houses.

Des.......you surprise me sometimes.

Not knocking the gesture, people react to my posts without engaging their brains sometimes.
    Who more than me or Soulman and 123 have banged on year after year about saving our NHS?
    But it always has always been underfunded and the staff have been underpaid and over worked.
    But now because people are panicking about dying they suddenly realise how important the NHS is.
    The hypocrisy is breathtaking.
    All the equipment and extra wards that are frenziedly being sort after should have been in place years ago.
    Clapping is a well meant but futile gesture, like putting something on your Facebook profile to fight cancer, which along with many other diseases kills more people than Covid 19.
    But OK, let's have this round of applause at the same time every year, so our leaders never forget the importance of our health service, as they surely will once they believe their fat arses have been saved.
    Like Mick where we live applauding wouldn't be heard by anyone other than a few horses and Rabbits.

I do apologise for the brutally blunt nature of my original post, i know the front line workers are risking their health and lives every day, and i think people showing they support them is wonderful.
    It is something i feel very strongly about. Sorry for any offence i may have given.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I do apologise for the brutally blunt nature of my original post, i know the front line workers are risking their health and lives every day, and i think people showing they support them is wonderful.
    It is something i feel very strongly about. Sorry for any offence i may have given.
    no offence taken mate we all know what you mean,I got 4nhs workers in my road and I applaud them every day or when we pass.i was in the wrong calling you a humbug as clearly your not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    WOW! that was unbelievable, virtually our whole street hanging out of windows and stood on door steps clapping!

Absolutely brilliant, I almost welled up!

Well done NHS workers, you’re all heroes����������������
    My son and his partner are both junior doctors,she works in an east london hospital he's in eastbournehospital. She has a 1 hour commute each shift by train,tube and bus,he has a 1 hour drive. I stood on the doorstep and clapped although I know they couldn't hear me, yes I did "well-up"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)