+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Who's going to their front door to applaud the NHS Staff at 8pm?

I would imagine they were relieved that the general public had gone back into their properties for the evening.
    Best thing that anyone can do to help them

That is marvelous to hear about!
    Last edited by CTMilller; 26-03-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Great. Peeps hung out of windows. Fireworks going off. .
    We will beat this and beat it together.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Good stuff, but the NHS staff urgently need to be provided with adequate resources for testing and for medical equipment, otherwise they will end up being hospitalised themselves
    Mike, my Daughter's biggest fear. She has been so emotional during the week prior to returning to work today. She expressed her fear about contracting anything as she has asthma problems. She's come home tonight and said all is currently well. Still upset though but, she loves her job.

She is also currently looking to go to Sheffield Hallam Uni in October to take a 3 year course in order to be a Registered Children's Nurse. So proud of her as she has never been out of work since she left school. Ex Air Stewardess, passed all her qualifications in Childcare so is a registered Child Practitioner. Now she's aiming to be a RCN.

The Wife has semi retired but again after more than 33 years, she too still loves her job and the role she provides the community. More than 750+ births to her credit.

Me & the wife clapped at our front door, a good thing to show that the public have genuine admiration for the NHS staff.
    Today in Swinton there was a NHS lady in her uniform, in a shop I thanked her for what she & her colleagues were doing, she was on her way to hospital.

Good show on our street. Nice to get the sense of people coming together, albeit not too closely. Only had to hit one child who got too close.

Same on ours plenty of people stood at the doors clapping very heartwarming in times of great need to see who the most valuable members to whole society are and these folk are right at the heart of it

Stepson works in a hospice tough job at the best of times but they’re doing extra training planning and extra provision at this very difficult time

They even did it here in Seattle at 8pm although we were 7 hours behind you. This Social Media stuff travels pretty quickly, faster than a v....... What's the word I'm looking for?

Ashamed to say I forgot. Well not totally, remembered at about 8.10 and did it then!

Well done to everybody who did!

I will make sure I am on time for the next one.

If anyone wants to give me a bit of a bollacking on here feel free I deserve it...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Ashamed to say I forgot. Well not totally, remembered at about 8.10 and did it then!

Well done to everybody who did!

I will make sure I am on time for the next one.

If anyone wants to give me a bit of a bollacking on here feel free I deserve it...
    Roly, you're a nob

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast