+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T St George's Day

O/T St George's Day

Happy St George's Day to you all, not celebrated enough by the English generally IMO.
    Interesting fact William Shakespeare one of England most famous sons was born and died on Sr George's Day, different years of course.

St George was Greek and is famous for fighting Dragons which never even existed.

Even Ethiopia claims him as a patron just like we do.

If we're into having meaningless days celebrating fictional histories, lets at least have an English one.

Harry Potter day perhaps?

Would be a good day for a turnaround in cases of the pandemic reducing, with true British spirit beating the dreaded virus.
    Led by our brilliant NHS staff & others who don't get a mention.

Harry Potter Day

seems a good idea

today is also the start of Ramadan which will present it's own challenge to social distancing.

but hey, Harry Potter, peace be upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    St George was Greek and is famous for fighting Dragons which never even existed.

If we're into having meaningless days celebrating fictional histories, lets at least have an English one.

A prime example of early immigration where we let anyone in, who takes over a day in the calendar, and no one wishes to respect or follow. You couldn’t make it up and just have to laugh at this post.

Happy St George’s day to all those who call themselves Englishmen and Women.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post

. It's one day in the year when we can celebrate being English. What's wrong with that. Happy Saint Georges birthday to all.

My namesake raise your glass! True English name. Only 2 in my lifetime I can think of who were English & became famous George Harrison/George Michael.

It's not about the myth it's about the fact that as a nation I don't think we are patriotic enough. I'm not being political our national flag has is now seen a badge of dishonour by some people, what really winds me up is people celebrating St Patrick's Day when they aren't Irish but don't know when Juds day is.

There's also Georgie Dawes the haphazard drummer from shooting stars

George and Mildred.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast