+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Support the NHS

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I thought we had a separate thread for pointless bickering? Well done the NHS workers & the many other people who are carrying on to keep the country running.
    Ditto, that is what should be discussed on this thread.

The N.H.S. are wonderful and deserve all the plaudits they receive, both my wife and I owe owe them a massive vote of thanks for without them I would not have survived a few years ago when given an hour to live, my wife has recently undergone surgery for Bowel Cancer to and is recovering well, so thank you for saving myself and taking excellent care of her too.

Even more thanks for what you are achieving currently in the situation with the Corona Virus you are all magnificent the country owes you all, I just hope you receive your Richly Deserved Rewards when this has been beaten.

I have just read that some of the Staff on duty at the Q.M.C. finished their shifts to find that the bicycles they use to get to and from the hospital had been stolen from the Cycle Racks.

Just who are these SCUM BAGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    I have just read that some of the Staff on duty at the Q.M.C. finished their shifts to find that the bicycles they use to get to and from the hospital had been stolen from the Cycle Racks.

Utterly despicable.

On topic. It was great to see so many out and clapping and cheering. I like a few others told my missus we’d be the only ones. And was very happily surprised. The nurse who lives opposite joined in and took a bow in the street like a lead actress at the end of a west end show, which brought about more cheers!

We are in very strange times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    You can't help yourself can you? A positive thread about NHS workers and you have to turn it into another political one.
    Give it a rest.
    I thought I would start a thread about the incredible support shown around here for our brave NHS staff, which includes my incredible wife. She goes to work everyday knowing she's an higher chance of getting the virus and bringing it home. I would never tell her not to go, nor would she listen if I did. On top of all this, she's fast approaching her 51st birthday ( slightly higher risk group ) and she's trying to look after her ederly parents and mother in-law, all of which have health problems. I wanted to show my support, someone else wanted to score political points.

ps. My wife's been doing the work of someone on a far higher pay grade for years. I'm well aware of under funding in the NHS.
    Last edited by navypie; 27-03-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    The N.H.S. are wonderful and deserve all the plaudits they receive, both my wife and I owe owe them a massive vote of thanks for without them I would not have survived a few years ago when given an hour to live, my wife has recently undergone surgery for Bowel Cancer to and is recovering well, so thank you for saving myself and taking excellent care of her too.

Even more thanks for what you are achieving currently in the situation with the Corona Virus you are all magnificent the country owes you all, I just hope you receive your Richly Deserved Rewards when this has been beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    Utterly despicable.

On topic. It was great to see so many out and clapping and cheering. I like a few others told my missus we’d be the only ones. And was very happily surprised. The nurse who lives opposite joined in and took a bow in the street like a lead actress at the end of a west end show, which brought about more cheers!

We are in very strange times indeed.
    Scum bags is not even close.

My wife sat on the stairs, to embarrassed to come out. Bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    ps. My wife's been doing the work of someone on a far higher pay grade for years. I'm well aware of under funding in the NHS.
    Trust you to turn it back to politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Trust you to turn it back to politics.
    I would imagine your neighbours have no problem adjusting to social distancing.

I would imagine your neighbours have no problem adjusting to social distancing.
    That's one advantage I have - to me 'social distancing' is 'normal life'.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's one advantage I have - to me 'social distancing' is 'normal life'.
    Apart from when you take a bus full down to Cheltenham.

Apart from when you take a bus full down to Cheltenham.
    You and Tarquin seem really obsessed by the Cheltenham trip. It went ahead, nobody caught anything, so try and get over it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast