+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Support the NHS

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    To be scared when facing the enemy is normal. However to be scared and continue to carry on your duty serving and helping the sick people of this country is brave and courageous.

Much respect and appreciation. The wonderful NHS staff really are heroes in the truest and sincere sense.
    Couldn't agree more, but will the message get home to those in power? On a daily basis I hear our PM talking about "our wonderful NHS staff". Now their real value has been highlighted, I wonder if he will put his bold words into actions like decent pay rises and genuine investment into the organisation they work for. I won't be holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Ha ha I realise they're not everyone's cup of tea
    I remember them growing up as not only a good team, but also a team that kicked fcuk out of everyone.
    Last edited by navypie; 28-03-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Couldn't agree more, but will the message get home to those in power? On a daily basis I hear our PM talking about "our wonderful NHS staff". Now their real value has been highlighted, I wonder if he will put his bold words into actions like decent pay rises and genuine investment into the organisation they work for. I won't be holding my breath.

I wish you would.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    I wish you would.
    Would you care to comment on the Tory parties running of the NHS, or will you take your usual cowardly approach and hide?

Again, I won't be holding my breath.

Many thanks for kind words. Just hope if/when called upon, won't let anyone down.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That is the big question. Will those in power learn from this crisis and will the NHS staff be adequately funded and supported in the future?

The general mood of the public from what we have seen in the past week towards NHS staff appears to be appreciation, gratitude and respect. In the future maybe the staff will be taken care of after they have taken care of us.

For example private companies and individuals could decide to offer NHS staff free bus travel, free on site parking indefinitely which would be like a pay rise to many.

But it’s the governments responsibility to take the lead. The bravery and courage the NHS staff are displaying now and will be in the coming days and weeks cannot and must never be forgotten. I only hope the government recognise this in the future with their actions when it comes to wage rises and investment as you say.

I think when this is all over the public will demand that the NHS workers are properly rewarded. It will be the death knoll for Johnson and the tories ( this could happen anyway depending how many deaths etc. this virus causes) if they ignore the will of the people.

Bump. I'm trying to talk the wife out of running around waving her knic...hands in the air. The binmen, posties, supermarket workers, bus drivers .....the list goes on. 8 tonight Notts County fans.

More or less , everyone again. Thank you.

Me and the wife paying our respect clapping, the dog also running around on the lawn barking like fk

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast