+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Support the NHS

O/T:- Support the NHS

Just joined in the applause and everyone around here was out. I've always been proud of my wife who's a nurse, but never more so.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 26-03-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Just joined in the applause and everyone around here was out. I've always been proud of my wife who's a nurse, but never more so.
    I have a similar interest because my wife is an ex-nurse and two of my daughters work for the NHS. We live at the end of a cul-de-sac and I told them that if we went outside to applaud we would be on our own, but I've never been happier to be proved wrong. We can only see seven other houses, but four of them took part. I know it's only a gesture, but I'm really glad they persuaded me to join in.

Same here Navy

Too right Navy they deserve all the praise they are getting.

I am grateful to them as ive been in hospital a few times as a kid and on one accident I had if it wasnt for them I probably wouldnt be alive today.

Clapping in tribute to NHS workers is nice. Not voting in Tories every election is better.

Maybe it takes a crisis to make some people realise that.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Clapping in tribute to NHS workers is nice. Not voting in Tories every election is better.

Maybe it takes a crisis to make some people realise that.
    I was making the point of how proud I was to see so many come out in support of the NHS, such a great gesture. You bring in politics.......you should hang your head in shame.
    Last edited by navypie; 26-03-2020 at 09:19 PM.

I was making the point of how proud I was to see so many come out in support of the NHS, such a great gesture. You bring in politics.......you should hang your head in shame.

You can be proud that so many people came out in support of the NHS, and still wonder why a Tory government that’s spent the last 10 years decimating it got voted in again just over 3 months ago.

I've had the N.H S look after me since I was 6 weeks old, always been thankful for getting me to the age I am, when they told my parents I wouldn't live very long

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You can be proud that so many people came out in support of the NHS, and still wonder why a Tory government that’s spent the last 10 years decimating it got voted in again just over 3 months ago.
    Phew.

No hanging heads in shame needed. I was also proud to support the NHS workers, but I'm still seething at the way a decade of Tory rule has led to record waiting lists and an all time low for A&E performance.

If you want to separate the two that's up to you, but don't ask me to join in.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast