+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- US overtake Italy & China for Coronavirus cases

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Nor is having to face Kier Starmer at PMQs. Far different approach to Corbyn.

Yesterday 'Have you actually read the report?' Johnson's answer 'Of course I'm aware of it'. Even Tories were groaning.

This is going to get tasty. Johnson looks lost without full Tory benches cheering him on. Yesterday the Speaker reprimanded him for not going through the chair.
    I share your positivity re Keir Starmer but he isn't actually nailing the blonde bomber, is he? What he should have done yesterday was put the ball in the net by asking a one-off question: have you read the report, yes or no?
    The problem is that he's a lawyer and whilst that arms him fully for the debate, it falls short of making Bozzer look a complete tool. To achieve that, he needs to use humour effectively.

Let's be straight, Laxative, Trump is now highly unlikely to 'romp' the next election. Did you see Elite's post on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Let's be straight, Laxative, Trump is now highly unlikely to 'romp' the next election. Did you see Elite's post on the topic?
    I've seen many posts on the topic, Slimey, but unfortunately I haven't memorised the lot. I imagine it impressed you but whatever he said it won't be the definitive post on the subject, as evinced by the 170+ other posts, all of which are just opinions, some agreeing with him, some not.

Now give us your version, not someone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I've seen many posts on the topic, Slimey, but unfortunately I haven't memorised the lot. I imagine it impressed you but whatever he said it won't be the definitive post on the subject, as evinced by the 170+ other posts, all of which are just opinions, some agreeing with him, some not.

Now give us your version, not someone else's.
    I was referring to what Elite said about latest odds on a Trump victory in the election. It was a non-political post. I just thought you might have seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I was referring to what Elite said about latest odds on a Trump victory in the election. It was a non-political post. I just thought you might have seen it.
    Maybe I had, maybe I hadn't, Elite sends many posts - how am I supposed to know to which you were referring?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Maybe I had, maybe I hadn't, Elite sends many posts - how am I supposed to know to which you were referring?
    This is what I was on about. At the turn of the year Trump was hot favourite to get a second term, that's no longer the case:

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...e=donald-trump

When you consider he lost the popular vote last time, he can't afford to lose much support this time. His pathetic performance in response to Covid-19 should cost him a fair few votes, and the George Floyd death will probably lose him a few black votes. I'm sure he's well aware of this and he'll get more and more desperate as the election looms, his personal attacks on Biden will get very nasty. It remains to be seen whether the American electorate will be convinced a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Nothing to do with the UK's population?

The US were recording the most cases 3 months ago and they are still reporting the most cases now. A massive failure to manage this was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Nothing to do with the UK's population?

The US were recording the most cases 3 months ago and they are still reporting the most cases now. A massive failure to manage this was my point.
    Cases per million people - we are beating the USA comprehensively, about 50% more.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

This topic was started way back in March, but it's worth reading the first two or three pages if you've got a few minutes to spare.

Some posters got it wrong in spectacular fashion, with tarquinbeech and Lullapie leading the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Cases per million people - we are beating the USA comprehensively, about 50% more.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
    Makes yer proud to be British. "Rule, Brittania! Brittania rule the waves..."

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast