+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- US overtake Italy & China for Coronavirus cases

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    You disgust me on several levels.
    I think we touched a raw nerve.....the forum snitch is coming off his intellectual high-horse

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

Yet more Driller bull****e.....the Italian government were absolutely slaughtered in the press for announced a total lockdown in Lombardy, whilst allowing everyone to flee to the south.

If that's not total stupidity, then what is?

Are you just acting dumb or have you been taking lessons off a few on here?
    That was on March 8th!

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I think we touched a raw nerve.....the forum snitch is coming off his intellectual high-horse
    I've told you I'm not interested in a personal vendetta, we're two grown men on a football message board. That you disgust me is not an insult, it's a matter of fact.

I was expecting your logic-defying attempts to wriggle out of what you said, but I find your continuous unproven allegations distasteful to the point of disgust.

I just want to know if you stand by your past statements about certain statistics having a certain meaning.

The answer seems to be that it depends whether they come from a predominantly Anglo Saxon country or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I haven’t updated the other thread I started because I felt people most inclined to study the figures had started to find their own data and sources etc. That said if I had I think my thoughts would be that the UK IS following the same trajectory as Italy and to a lesser extent Spain if we are talking about daily deaths only.

We are quite literally 15 days behind Italy in respect of daily deaths and social distancing initiatives. If we continue at the same rate then in two weeks it is very possible our death rate will be higher than Italy and Spain’s at the same time.

However, I do understand why Tarkers talks about the deaths per capita as this is then relevant to the population of each country. The problem with this where the US is concerned is that over 50% of the deaths recorded so far have been in NY so if you took this as a country the deaths per capita would probably look much worse than they do for the whole of the US currently.

I can see both sides of the argument, we are all desperate to understand more in hope of a hint of the situation improving, this is just my observations so far.
    I haven’t updated the other thread I started because I felt people most inclined to study the figures had started to find their own data and sources etc. That said if I had I think my thoughts would be that the UK IS following the same trajectory as Italy and to a lesser extent Spain if we are talking about daily deaths only......Driller's whole argument is based on the fact that despite the UK having one-third of the death-rate of Italy, we look like we are following the same curve therefore we will eventually achieve the same result.....I have disagreed, as is my right on an open forum. The UK will pull out of this, flatten the curve or whatever the current terminology is....maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so. I have given him multiple reasons for my belief, several of which he agrees with but dismisses because I mentioned incompetent Italians politicians and a hopelessly inadequate Italian health service and like the little spoilt child that he is, he wants to focus on those.

We are quite literally 15 days behind Italy in respect of daily deaths and social distancing initiatives. If we continue at the same rate then in two weeks it is very possible our death rate will be higher than Italy and Spain’s at the same time......agreed, 15 days behind in deaths, not physical dates....please can you explain this to Driller (you might have to explain it more than once....good luck with that)....my argument, as above, is that we should off that curve BEFORE WE MATCH THE ITALIAN DEATH-RATE

However, I do understand why Tarkers talks about the deaths per capita as this is then relevant to the population of each country. The problem with this where the US is concerned is that over 50% of the deaths recorded so far have been in NY so if you took this as a country the deaths per capita would probably look much worse than they do for the whole of the US currently.....Looking at NY in isolation would not really prove anything at this stage as you would then need to look at London, or Paris or Rome in isolation (these are normally looked at in isolation after the event, to see how large urban centres could have been handled differently)....IMO, it is currently best to stay with how countries are handling things ie national political decisions to see who has the best answers, nationally.

I can see both sides of the argument, we are all desperate to understand more in hope of a hint of the situation improving, this is just my observations so far.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I've told you I'm not interested in a personal vendetta, we're two grown men on a football message board. That you disgust me is not an insult, it's a matter of fact.

I was expecting your logic-defying attempts to wriggle out of what you said, but I find your continuous unproven allegations distasteful to the point of disgust.

I just want to know if you stand by your past statements about certain statistics having a certain meaning.

The answer seems to be that it depends whether they come from a predominantly Anglo Saxon country or not.
    I'm bored with you.....go away, please

I haven't seen any convincing reasons from you as to why the UK should suddenly somehow flatten the curve.

Number of deaths now is dictated to a large extent by number of new infections in recent days/weeks. It's not something you can just unilaterally declare won't happen. The government's own data suggests the number of deaths will keep on rising into next week.

As for hopelessly inadequate Italian health service, again I don't know why you're saying that and I haven't seen anything to justify it. I presume you keep saying it just to provoke a poster you don't like but it's in bad taste and surely won't win you many friends.

Just seen a clip of Trump babbling on about anti-biotics. Anyone who doesn’t think that idiot hasn’t impeded the US pandemic effort seriously needs their head testing.

Some churches still opening tomorrow for services..

"Satan and a virus will not stop us," said the Reverend Tony Spell, 42, pastor of the evangelical Life Tabernacle Church near Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He expects a crowd of more than 2,000 to gather in worship at his megachurch on Sunday.

"God will shield us from all harm and sickness," Spell said in an interview. "We are not afraid. We are called by God to stand against the Antichrist creeping into America's borders. We will spread the Gospel."

Yeah, good luck with that mate.

Name:  F030FE13-491D-457C-873C-BE4ED9A328B8.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  17.2 KB

I’ll leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Name:  F030FE13-491D-457C-873C-BE4ED9A328B8.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  17.2 KB

I’ll leave this here.
    37,494 is their newest projection, published in the Guardian 43 minutes ago. The new figures are from the same source, IHME.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast