+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conway and Lee try to buy Hearts and consider Motherwell as well

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    The Watford owner owns 3 clubs Watford,Grenada and Udinese.I can't see a problem.He's not the only one either Nottingham Forest owner has 2 clubs.
    Jack Nicklaus has more clubs than Dog Lee.

Interesting views Hodger,have you got proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Why not have one club and try to make a success off that?
    I think that would be sensible Hodger.

If you own a restaurant then you obviously try tomake a success of it, build your reputation over time and then expand if you choose to.

Buying 3 or 4 restaurants without first successfully establishing yourself and having little credibility doesn't make sense.

They said themselves they were here for the long haul. In their first 2 years we have gone backwards, forwards then backwards again.

I was looking at the Barnsley FC Club Accounts for 2018/19 (latest available) Hodger a couple of weeks back which showed income exceeded expenditure. The club overdraft facility they took out with Barclays in case funds were needed has been closed.

Fans at OGC Nice are well aware of the profit Dog Lee made from the club.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-03-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Interesting views Hodger,have you got proof.
    I'm glad you find it interesting Bill.
    What's to prove?
    The fact they have no interest in football?
    He's made his money in finance and doesn't know the first thing about football.
    Would you be happy for Sir Alex Ferguson to take control of your pension pot?
    There's been many frauds and charlatans taking over football clubs, and investment entrepreneurs for that matter, but he's the only one to affect me directly.
    I've been going to Oakwell since the mid sixties and not every owner & manager has been a success but I never doubted that they were doing their best for BFC.
    This clown doesn't give two hoots so long as he's making money.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. It'll all come out in the wash. The sooner the better then we can all start going again.

I too have watched Barnsley for well over 50 years.I've seen Barnsley relegated under the Dennis's Cryne etc.John Dennis once told me if you run a club right you shouldn't have to put your own money in.Dennis was slaughtered for taking us into administration,Cryne was paying Ridsdale and his mate Walker 1m and 600k a year wages.In my opinion the current owners haven't done anything as drastic as Mr Dennis and Cryne and I was and am still grateful for there contributions.
    The owners have done exactly as they said they would and due to there foresight the players and staff will still be getting paid unlike some clubs.We might get relegated but unfortunatly 3 teams go down every season that's the nature of football.It's quite possible the 3 teams that go up might come back down that tells me more about the Championship than false accusations about the owners.
    I'm nobodies fool by the way.

I agree with you about the silly money being spent in the Championship.
    Perhaps one good thing to come from this coronavirus will be the reality check some big clubs get from this disaster.
    I don't expect, or even want our owners to spend big money on fancy Dan players, but I do expect them to start the season with a chance of competing in whatever division we find ourselves.
    Last season's success was built on a rock solid defence.
    Which other clubs have been promoted and sold their captain/goalkeeper, 2 centre halves and top scorer and replaced them with kids with no experience at the level? They weren't all out of contract.
    The Deepdale performance was the worst experience I've had in over 50 years watching BFC.
    A team full of kids totally out of their depth.
    They've proved since that some of them are quite capable, and with a couple of decent old heads we needn't be where we are.
    Whether we get promoted or relegated, the only sure thing is Chien won't be out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I agree with you about the silly money being spent in the Championship.
    Perhaps one good thing to come from this coronavirus will be the reality check some big clubs get from this disaster.
    I don't expect, or even want our owners to spend big money on fancy Dan players, but I do expect them to start the season with a chance of competing in whatever division we find ourselves.
    Last season's success was built on a rock solid defence.
    Which other clubs have been promoted and sold their captain/goalkeeper, 2 centre halves and top scorer and replaced them with kids with no experience at the level? They weren't all out of contract.
    The Deepdale performance was the worst experience I've had in over 50 years watching BFC.
    A team full of kids totally out of their depth.
    They've proved since that some of them are quite capable, and with a couple of decent old heads we needn't be where we are.
    Whether we get promoted or relegated, the only sure thing is Chien won't be out of pocket.
    I agree with most of that especially the Preston game.I know we could debate about the squad etc but that day Stendels formation left the 2 full backs out to dry and they took some right stick.I suppose it was karma when after 1 win in 17 and a squad not knowing where they were playing topped with talking to Huddersfield behind everybodies back it was right in my view that he was sacked.

I agree with most of that especially the Preston game.I know we could debate about the squad etc but that day Stendels formation left the 2 full backs out to dry and they took some right stick.I suppose it was karma when after 1 win in 17 and a squad not knowing where they were playing topped with talking to Huddersfield behind everybodies back it was right in my view that he was sacked.
    Just for balance--

1 Am not sure where thaz got the 1 win in 17 statistic from Bill. That might be confusing Stendel and Heckingbottom. As Stendel was trying to sort out a bunch of kids with no Championship experience early season his record in the 11 games before he was sacked was W1 D3 L7. The following 10 games after Stendel when the players were still learning about the Championship the record was W1 D4 L5. When Stendel was sacked we were bottom, four points from safety, now under Struber, who was allowed to bring in three players of his own choice and had players with more Championship games under their belt, we are bottom, seven points from safety.

2 Conway went behind Stendel's back whilst he was coach and was negotiating with Struber to bring him in. The Huddersfield vacancy arose and there is no proof about who approached whom. Then followed the disgraceful 21 word separation statement and the unresolved argument over whether he was sacked.

Daniel Stendel waived his wages at Hearts in the light of this coronavirus outbreak to help the more needy employees working behind the scenes at Hearts.

Meanwhile Dog and Hoss wunt gi thi the steam off their pyss.

Nobody knows for sure exactly what happened in the weeks leading up to Stendels departure. However, I smell a rat where the owners are concerned. They didn't have the decency to do the right thing by the supporters after Stendel left. They discredited him in so many ways which I think is grossly unfair.

Stendel is a people's person. He can't exactly be rolling in money, yet to forfeit his wages at Hearts during these uncertain times says a lot about the guy.

Of course everybody has their right to an opinion but I know who my money is on when it comes to dishing art bullshyte

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast