+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnson teste positive

At the Press Conference the Deputy Medical Officer said the decision to test certain people is because of "the centrality of their role in the fight against Coronavirus", I can accept that but am curious how Chaz and Camilla meet this criterion.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 27-03-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    what a load of bull poo there is no such thing of equal regardless of status if your partner had symptoms and our lass had symptoms and only 1 test kit you'd want your partner tested instead of our lass.
    you'd have to be a reyt pacifist to think any other way.
    You really are either ignorant or a fool [maybe even both]
    What would you think if a third person came along & trumped the pair of you?
    And what's a pacifist got to do with it?

Went to Barnsley hospital for an appointment (not coronavirus related) inside there was only a few people on my way to be seen to but all NHS staff were working and not 1 had surgical masks on

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    At the Press Conference the Deputy Medical Officer said the decision to test certain people is because of "the centrality of their role in the fight against Coronavirus", I can accept that but am curious how Chaz and Camilla meet this criterion.
    You'd have had your head chopped off in past for views like that.

Watched an interesting documentary on the 1945 General Election earlier on tonight on YouTube .

Now you'd think Churchill would have walked it given the country he led had played its part in defeating the Nazis only weeks earlier .

Nope .

Labour under Atlee won a landslide victory and a 150 plus seat majority .

People after terrible hardship and sacrifice wanted change , real change and not a return to what the country was before 1939 .

These kind of crisis as we are seeing today seem not to work with the UK electorate and who saves the day , Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling saved the country from financial Armageddon in 2008 but lost the election in 2010 .

I'll predict here and now with a credible leader which isn't to say I'll like who ever it is , Labour will win the next GE with a landslide .

The treasury will be leaving another note saying " there's no money left " in four years time .

Hope your cough improves Johnson , fisherman's friend are quite good .

It will be interesting to see how history records the period 2005 to 2025.

When several banks and mortgage companies failed in America in 2008 creating a global financial crisis the Tories blamed the Labour Party for causing the problem and used this line in elections in 2010, 2015, 2017 and 2019. It was used as the justification for a decade of austerity targeting public services like the NHS, Social Care, Education, Local Authorities, Police etc whist at the same time bailing out banks and financial institutions. Now it is dawning on the Tories that the public sector do in fact perform a key role.

When the economy takes a hit due to a global health crisis are politicians allowed to say it was the Tory Party's fault that no money is left and this line be used in elections in the 2020's. Will the "fantastic" public sector be treated differently and will it be the Ordinary Joe that takes the hit again as loans/borrowing are called in and have to be repaid ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-03-2020 at 09:29 AM.

It will be interesting to see how history records the period 2005 to 2025.

When several banks and mortgage companies failed in America in 2008 creating a global financial crisis the Tories blamed the Labour Party for causing the problem and used this line in elections in 2010, 2015, 2017 and 2019. It was used as the justification for a decade of austerity targeting public services like the NHS, Social Care, Education, Local Authorities, Police etc whist at the same time bailing out banks and financial institutions. Now it is dawning on the Tories that the public sector do in fact perform a key role.

When the economy takes a hit due to a global health crisis are politicians allowed to say it was the Tory Party's fault that no money is left and this line be used in elections in the 2020's. Will the "fantastic" public sector be treated differently and will it be the Ordinary Joe that takes the hit again as loans/borrowing are called in and have to be repaid ?
    It looks to me as though Starmer will probably win the Labour Leadership .

Whilst his influence on the party surrounding brexit doesn't chime with me he's definitely the standout candidate .

As a former director of public prosecutions and head of the crown prosecution service you'd do well to find any skeletons in his cupboard for the Tory media to exploit .

Even as a leaver you couldn't help be impressed with how he stood up in parliament during the brexit debates and tied Mogg and his ERG in knots .

Given where the country is likely to be after this crisis he's most definitely the man you'd want to be holding the government to account given the Tories can do anything they want with the majority they currently hold .

The country may well be ready to accept a little less personality and elect a man of substance rather than a charismatic pathological liar in four years time .

This is pretty damming and we could be facing an absolute catastrophe very very soon .

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...727-3/fulltext

What if your lass had been patiently queuing and was about to have a test when she found out a group of people "more important" had stepped in front of her and she had to wait a lot longer ?

Who said "There is no such thing as society". ?
    couldn't answer it could ya as for your question if there more important then yes they should go first.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    couldn't answer it could ya as for your question if there more important then yes they should go first.
    So define more important ?

You ask my partner , my step daughter and her partner and our grandchild who is more important .

Myself or Boris Johnson and Prince Charles ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast