+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Johnson teste positive

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    couldn't answer it could ya as for your question if there more important then yes they should go first.
    I answered it with Thatcher's words--"There is no such thing as society" ie individuals should come first and to hell with the rest. The panic buying mentality. Does the "pacifist" reference mean you would expect violence to be the acceptable response at a time of shortage? I think I understand your mentality now and we can agree to differ.
    I note you would be quite happy for Prince Charles and Camilla to push your lass back in the queue. Does your lass know this ?
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-03-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I answered it with Thatcher's words--"There is no such thing as society" ie individuals should come first and to hell with the rest. The panic buying mentality. Does the "pacifist" reference mean you would expect violence to be the acceptable response at a time of shortage? I think I understand your mentality now and we can agree to differ.
    I note you would be quite happy for Prince Charles and Camilla to push your lass back in the queue. Does your lass know this ?
    our lass has her own views some match mine some match yours unlike you shes votes for who she thinks will make her life better for her and her family not just stick to one party cos ya mummy and daddy voted labour not just a worked darn pit so i should vote labour.
    rite now she thinks johnsons doing a great job for what he has had to put up with but she still thinks he is a toffee nosed pillock she also thinks corbyn is Stalin in disguise and you dont wanna know what she thinks of the next labour leader.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    our lass has her own views some match mine some match yours unlike you shes votes for who she thinks will make her life better for her and her family not just stick to one party cos ya mummy and daddy voted labour not just a worked darn pit so i should vote labour.
    rite now she thinks johnsons doing a great job for what he has had to put up with but she still thinks he is a toffee nosed pillock she also thinks corbyn is Stalin in disguise and you dont wanna know what she thinks of the next labour leader.
    Good for her. Many ex mining communities have voted for Johnson and "Got Brexit Done".

We will now "Ramp Things Up" with "Whatever It Takes".

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So define more important ?

You ask my partner , my step daughter and her partner and our grandchild who is more important .

Myself or Boris Johnson and Prince Charles ?
    I get your point Animal but is there a society in the world where leaders wouldn't get priority?
    Whether it's a Royal, a President, an Emperor, Prime Minister or Chief or Elder of a remote tribe.
    It's the same in times of war.
    People that send thousands to die are usually sat in a comfy chair with a cigar and a whisky.
    Life's not fair and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I get your point Animal but is there a society in the world where leaders wouldn't get priority?
    Whether it's a Royal, a President, an Emperor, Prime Minister or Chief or Elder of a remote tribe.
    It's the same in times of war.
    People that send thousands to die are usually sat in a comfy chair with a cigar and a whisky.
    Life's not fair and never will be.
    Agree with your comments Hodger with the exception of Royal, & Emporer [both the same]
    Leaders are the ones in a position to influence proceedings so as long as they fulfil that role then I have no argument

Do you really think Prince Charles et al should receive preferential treatment over front line workers because I'll be bolloxed if I do ?
    Leaders my arse
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 29-03-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Happy Valley Buddhist Society.

"Just as a thousand candles can be lit from a single candle so a kind act of sharing will generate kind acts enough for all."

Albert Brown of Mytholmroyd.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-03-2020 at 06:28 PM.

I didn't say I agreed with it but that's how it's always been, and I doubt it will ever change.
    I'm pretty sure Putin, Trump & 'Rocket Man' wouldn't offer preferential treatment to someone more deserving.

Unexpected things as a result of Coronavirus

1 Last neet Johnson publically denounces and mocks the Thatcher mantra of "There is no such thing as society" by intentionally saying,"There is such a thing as society" as a comment on volunteering.

2 The Tory Party praise the public sector and realise the v ital work they do rather than feeling able to continually cut their funding with no real effect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123