+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leeds staff defer their wages

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If promotion to the PL, now or in any other time, generates the kind of selfish, self-obsessed, narcissistic, selfish and just plain disgusting behaviour on the part of players in current PL clubs, then F00K promotion, I'd prefer we have players who are prepared as Leeds players have, to do the right thing.
    Reports in the papers tomorrow that Burnley could go bust as they have a 50 million pound shortfall.

If promotion to the PL, now or in any other time, generates the kind of selfish, self-obsessed, narcissistic, selfish and just plain disgusting behaviour on the part of players in current PL clubs, then F00K promotion, I'd prefer we have players who are prepared as Leeds players have, to do the right thing.
    I don't know if this is related to the players current stance regarding Covid-19 or not, if it is, the players are saying they are not being fairly represented on the reason why they have not leapt to donate/defer take paycuts etc.

One source I read was that the players have genuine concerns that if they accept a 30% pay cut ..., the money will go into the directors pockets and will not be used to support the club or pay the non playing staff. Clubs like Newcastle. Tottenham and Liverpool have already showed their hand by furloughing the staff already.

The players also wanted to ensure that the money saved will also go back in to the local community, whilst the club are still receiving their payments from sky etc.

If that's genuine, then to me that seems like reasonable concerns. Why take a paycut if it is only going to be used to line the directors pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I don't know if this is related to the players current stance regarding Covid-19 or not, if it is, the players are saying they are not being fairly represented on the reason why they have not leapt to donate/defer take paycuts etc.

One source I read was that the players have genuine concerns that if they accept a 30% pay cut ..., the money will go into the directors pockets and will not be used to support the club or pay the non playing staff. Clubs like Newcastle. Tottenham and Liverpool have already showed their hand by furloughing the staff already.

The players also wanted to ensure that the money saved will also go back in to the local community, whilst the club are still receiving their payments from sky etc.

If that's genuine, then to me that seems like reasonable concerns. Why take a paycut if it is only going to be used to line the directors pockets?
    Getting all those points sorted would be done a f00king sight quicker if they actually started discussing it, not sitting on their overpaid ar3es doing nothing? Since football stopped, typical top-level PL players have "earned" 200-300k for doing f00k all. Are they going to contribute/donate all that to good causes, given that they have nothing better to do, and are so concerned about their local community?? I suspect not.

Getting all those points sorted would be done a f00king sight quicker if they actually started discussing it, not sitting on their overpaid ar3es doing nothing? Since football stopped, typical top-level PL players have "earned" 200-300k for doing f00k all. Are they going to contribute/donate all that to good causes, given that they have nothing better to do, and are so concerned about their local community?? I suspect not.
    The players have asked the club captains to set up a charity where they can donate to those that need it and yes they have been talking and trying to organize it since all sport stopped. However what they have not done is recklessly handover money to people that would just stick it in their back pocket.

It not a case of them being unwilling to give up money (I believe) they want the money to be put to good use and not just used to make wealthy people more rich.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)