+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- There is a God

O/T:- There is a God

Of course, it’s true that it’s an ill wind that blows nobody any good and indeed Covid-19 is therefore an ill wind.
    But not all the consequences of this virus have been for the worse.
    Driven by Cummings, the Tories were set to strip the state down to a bare minimum. Private enterprise was to be deregulated and what state assets still existed after 10 years of austerity were to be steered into the pockets of Tory sympathising directors and so-called entrepreneurs.
    That unelected Rasputin of politics, Dominic Cummings, having seen off the EU was set to create a state that generously rewarded ‘enterprise’ (i.e. the rich) and savaged ‘dossers and work-shies’ (the poor).
    But now that can’t happen. The Tory government has had to invest in the state (i.e. ordinary people) up to its neck. It would not dare to do any other for fear of appearing heartless. Projects like HS2 and anything else that requires trillions of pounds will have to be put in cold storage. The NHS is paramount and will be a spending priority for months if not years to come.
    Corbyn and Labour were rightly chastised at the last election for a preposterous public spending programme that the country couldn’t afford; yet because of Coronavirus the Tories have had to spend even more on the public sector.
    Their entire manifesto programme is wrecked because their spending choices will be severely limited for all of the next five years. There is a God.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-03-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Of course, it’s true that it’s an ill wind that blows nobody any good and indeed Covid-19 is therefore an ill wind.
    Driven by Cummings, the Tories were set to strip the state down to a bare minimum. Private enterprise was to be deregulated and what state assets still existed after 10 years of austerity were to be steered into the pockets of Tory sympathising directors and so-called entrepreneurs.
    That unelected Rasputin of politics, Dominic Cummings, having seen off the EU was set to create a state that generously rewarded ‘enterprise’ (i.e. the rich) and savaged ‘dossers and work-shies’ (the poor).
    But now that can’t happen. The Tory government has had to invest in the state (i.e. ordinary people) up to its neck. It would not dare to do any other for fear of appearing heartless. Projects like HS2 and anything else that requires trillions of pounds will have to be put in cold storage. The NHS is paramount and will be a spending priority for months if not years to come.
    Corbyn and Labour were rightly chastised at the last election for a preposterous public spending programme that the country couldn’t afford; yet because of Coronavirus the Tories have had to spend even more on the public sector.
    Their entire manifesto programme is wrecked because their spending choices will be severely limited for all of the next five years. There is a God.
    Either that, or another 10 years of austerity hitting those with the least the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Either that, or another 10 years of austerity hitting those with the least the hardest.
    Yes, but that is not an election-winning position, is it?

Yes, but that is not an election-winning position, is it?
    In one form or another, they’ve won the last 4 elections.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post

Negative ****

At least the planet will be getting a breather for a short time.
    If ever there was a better time to start over and live a life more in harmony with the environment ....it won't happen, soon as it's over it will be business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    At least the planet will be getting a breather for a short time.
    If ever there was a better time to start over and live a life more in harmony with the environment ....it won't happen, soon as it's over it will be business as usual.
    i always knew you were on drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    i always knew you were on drugs.
    I don't get why you are so dismissive of his post. The planet will certainly be getting a breather for a short (or long) time because cars and aircraft will only be producing a fraction of their normal pollutants. His next point that there is never a better time to live a life more in harmony with the environment is also valid. Hopefully it will open a few eyes that what we take for granted might not be there for future generations. Unfortunately his final point that as soon as it's over it will be business as usual is also likely to be proved correct.

Me and maddog are hardly best mates, but I can't see a problem with his post. Maybe you could say what makes you think he is on drugs?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast