+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you expect will happen with the football season?

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Thats a few years ago TMJ
    Taken at Stourbridge v Cardiff City Welsh Cup Final 1974. I was in there somewhere!

https://mobile.twitter.com/snw1960/s...366849/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    For the first time in my life at the age of 57 I found myself having to use an inhaler during a respiratory illness.

You want to try having a severe and totally unexpected breathing restriction like I did where you’re throat feels like it’s closed by 90%............it was the only time I’ve ever feared for my life.

I feel very sorry for anyone with ongoing and severe asthma who lives with this fear all of the time.

I will do all I can to avoid respiratory illness in general and Covid in particular.

If I was 30 again my outlook on future lifestyle would be different but I’m not,I’m 60 next year and I believe in being careful.
    It is terrifying. Only had one really bad one but never forgot it! Went blue and an ambulance was called, somehow got some breath back.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Not exactly David Bailey with the camera Minn😆😆😆
    😁 Kodak Instamatic Mick! Point, press, hope, wait 30 days, pick up from Boots and pray there’s a few good un’s in there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    😁 Kodak Instamatic Mick! Point, press, hope, wait 30 days, pick up from Boots and pray there’s a few good un’s in there.
    Always a drag when waiting for the home p o r n o prints back in the day Minn.

Ask yer mum......she’ll tell ya 😆😆

I always remember a trip to the south coast with the lads back around 1990. We took alsorts of photos with my mates camera when his back was turned, no screen locks in those days!

He came to work the one day looking sheepish as hell, his mother slapped six shades out of him after picking up his holiday snaps from the chemist and checking them through!😁

Have just heard Henry Winter talking. He is of the view that this season must be completed and that it should extend into next Autumn if necessary. With the size of squads that clubs have now (not everyone though) there is no reason why the next season should not be adversely affected. Doing something with internationals and cup competitions could assist. Teams should be more than capable of playing two games a weeks in a more condensed season (tough **** for many of the obscenely paid players).

I think the season should finish whatever the delay. I’m actually confused why it couldn’t. If we get over this virus, why can’t everything continue as normal? You’d think we’d have all the time ever to continue and put back in everything missed.
    If it spills into the new season timetable, so be it. The new season should be scaled back to a knockout world cup style set up (as a one of season). Not ideal but i can’t think of any other solutions.

With only 9 games left clubs should be able to get these done in 3 weeks. It might considered on these overworked stars but it's the same for everyone just get on with it!

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    The Prem League and everyone else seem desperate to give Liverpool a title, so i think there will be 22 teams in the prem next season with us and Leeds promoted, with Villa's game in hand it makes it impossible to relegate the bottom 3.
    I just can't see how this would work. It might be okay for the Premiership, but then what for the Championship? 22 teams as well?

Is that fair on the teams in the play offs? Or on Coventry in League One, who are 7 points clear on 3rd with a game in hand? In fact, that league is so congested that Wycombe are in 8th with a game in hand which if they win takes them level on points with 2nd. They still have a great chance of automatic promotion, as does every team in between.

I hope this season still gets completed somehow, even if takes a chunk out of next season.

In my opinion, this season should take precedence over next season. If next season had to be extended, then so be it. There seems to be far too much emphasis on getting on with next season's fixtures. Let's face it, they factor in a two week break in the Premiership anyway. The next season could start later and still finish in time for the 2021 Euros. Just needs some amended planning.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)