+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you expect will happen with the football season?

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I take the exact opposite view. Give me the all clear and I will be park running, round my mates, up the pub, in the restaurants, and yes up The Albion. Be interesting to see attendances on resumption. Apart from my mental health I think it's important for our financial health we start spending again so we can support jobs if it does come around again.

One thing I will be very reluctant to do for a very long time is get on an aeroplane.

Not a criticism of anyone just my way of dealing with things. I'll take the consequences if I've got it wrong.

I think the League should finish however long it takes.
    Agree completely!

If I give up all these pleasures it may not be that I live longer just that it feels like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I take the exact opposite view. Give me the all clear and I will be park running, round my mates, up the pub, in the restaurants, and yes up The Albion. Be interesting to see attendances on resumption. Apart from my mental health I think it's important for our financial health we start spending again so we can support jobs if it does come around again.

One thing I will be very reluctant to do for a very long time is get on an aeroplane.

Not a criticism of anyone just my way of dealing with things. I'll take the consequences if I've got it wrong.

I think the League should finish however long it takes.
    For the first time in my life at the age of 57 I found myself having to use an inhaler during a respiratory illness.

You want to try having a severe and totally unexpected breathing restriction like I did where you’re throat feels like it’s closed by 90%............it was the only time I’ve ever feared for my life.

I feel very sorry for anyone with ongoing and severe asthma who lives with this fear all of the time.

I will do all I can to avoid respiratory illness in general and Covid in particular.

If I was 30 again my outlook on future lifestyle would be different but I’m not,I’m 60 next year and I believe in being careful.

Name:  F875C696-B242-4915-BBD8-D9A4CF6B54DF.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  13.0 KB

Here you go Tipp, nothing too exciting I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    For the first time in my life at the age of 57 I found myself having to use an inhaler during a respiratory illness.

You want to try having a severe and totally unexpected breathing restriction like I did where you’re throat feels like it’s closed by 90%............it was the only time I’ve ever feared for my life.

I feel very sorry for anyone with ongoing and severe asthma who lives with this fear all of the time.

I will do all I can to avoid respiratory illness in general and Covid in particular.

If I was 30 again my outlook on future lifestyle would be different but I’m not,I’m 60 next year and I believe in being careful.
    Then I would be very cautious as well.

I'm 66. My cholesterol, blood sugar and weight is all considerably lower than 10 years ago. Apart from following govt advice to the letter I believe the biggest contribution I can make to things is to out and spend some money when it's 'safe' to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post

Thats a few years ago TMJ

Restrictions will begin to be lifted when the peak of infections and hospitalisations are passed. That doesn’t mean that there will be no risk of catching it. Indeed, if everyone went back to ‘normal’ immediately then there would likely be another surge of cases. There will remain a considerable risk until there is a vaccine available. I’m with Mick on this, I doubt that I will be setting foot inside the Hawthorns for some considerable time. I am over 70 so am in the higher risk category, add to that I have an irregular heart rhythm, which sometimes means that I am a bit breathless, makes the risk factor a little higher. I don’t propose to take any unnecessary risk. I’ve never been one to avoid risk taking or sticking my fingers up to ‘authority’, but this situation is rather different to anything I’ve experienced before; the risk is not within my control. Maybe it’s that age and wisdom increase proportionally with one another!

Clearly our focus is understandably on the Coronavirus and it’s frightening consequences.
    I would be disappointed to miss out on promotion...but having said that, I’ve really enjoyed our Championship season, coming away from the ground having seen more entertaining football than in many years before.
    My Villa pals spend all their time (understandably) checking out the fixtures and form of the relegation candidates, rather than enjoying their football. We would be doing the same if in a relegation dog fight.
    So if the season is declared void, disappointed, but not distraught.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post

Not exactly David Bailey with the camera Minn😆😆😆

I would rather see clubs rewarded for the efforts they have already put in and wherever they are at that is where they remain, probably a flawed opinion but so is every other result.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)