+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you expect will happen with the football season?

What do you expect will happen with the football season?

Obviously the public's health comes first and this is a secondary issue, but it still needs to be talked about. There are a lot of jobs and prize money at stake.

What's the consensus on here....

Null and void the season?
    Finish the season off, perhaps at the back end of the year?
    Next season to be shortened?
    Any other options that have escaped me?

I predict a null and voided season, followed by chaos and legal challenges by the likes of us and Liverpool.

I have my doubts about next season as well, and I'm not setting foot in a pub again until this virus is completely eradicated.

I honestly couldn’t care less about football now.

I’m 100% focused on my own health and that of my family.

Until there’s a vaccine for this I’m not setting foot into a ground or even a shopping centre,I’ll stay locked away in the Worcestershire countryside for the next two years if required.

There’s no real reason why the league season can’t be frozen in time for 12-18 months if need be.

I don’t want to hear about players and agents moaning........let’s be realistic,apart from food there’s nothing to go out for and buy and there’s nowhere open to spend their millions anyway.

Money is proving to be of very low value at a time like this.

My own view is that leagues should be decided on points per game because at this point in the season the position you’re presently in is not a fluke.

Whenever football does restart I see it being in front of sparse crowds because I don’t see anything other than the moron and the person who’s already had it wanting to attend.

I may well never go to a match again.

There were some riffy b u g g e r s where I used to sit so I won’t be rushing back!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Until there’s a vaccine for this I’m not setting foot into a ground or even a shopping centre,I’ll stay locked away in the Worcestershire countryside for the next two years if required.

There’s no real reason why the league season can’t be frozen in time for 12-18 months if need be.

I don’t want to hear about players and agents moaning........let’s be realistic,apart from food there’s nothing to go out for and buy and there’s nowhere open to spend their millions anyway.

My own view is that leagues should be decided on points per game because at this point in the season the position you’re presently in is not a fluke.

Whenever football does restart I see it being in front of sparse crowds because I don’t see anything other than the moron and the person who’s already had it wanting to attend.

There were some riffy b u g g e r s where I used to sit so I won’t be rushing back!

Could not agree more Mick! People think when cases die down there will be a mass travel exodus - **** that until this virus is completely eradicated! Maybe there will be a lot of footballers and pundits with no contracts soon seeing how the real world live!!! Don’t see many rich folk putting their hands in pockets at the moment to help those in need!!!

**** Virgin Atlantic asking for government bail out. Branson can part with some of his wealth and private islands to help bail the company out!

An interesting development occurred on Wednesday. The FA announced that all league records for Grassroots football, Steps 3 to 6 in men’s Non league football and Steps 3 to 7 of the Woman’s football pyramid be expunged for the 2019/20 season.

Many teams who were in line for promotion are extremely hacked off and are questioning why the PPG (points per game) system hasn’t been used. My own team Dudley Town would have been promoted under PPG but now have to accept the season has to be replayed.

The Premier League down to Steps 1 and 2 of the National League System inclusive it seems are either doing something different or are gauging response to the decision for the lower leagues?

I think the season will be declared void. The Premier League will just look after itself.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I think the season will be declared void. The Premier League will just look after itself.
    The Prem League and everyone else seem desperate to give Liverpool a title, so i think there will be 22 teams in the prem next season with us and Leeds promoted, with Villa's game in hand it makes it impossible to relegate the bottom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    An interesting development occurred on Wednesday. The FA announced that all league records for Grassroots football, Steps 3 to 6 in men’s Non league football and Steps 3 to 7 of the Woman’s football pyramid be expunged for the 2019/20 season.

Many teams who were in line for promotion are extremely hacked off and are questioning why the PPG (points per game) system hasn’t been used. My own team Dudley Town would have been promoted under PPG but now have to accept the season has to be replayed.

The Premier League down to Steps 1 and 2 of the National League System inclusive it seems are either doing something different or are gauging response to the decision for the lower leagues?
    Same here TMJ. I stood on the cold windy terraces of my club Folkestone Invicta all season and seen them vying for a promotion place which looked almost certain. Now, the powers that be have decided that all the sweat and tears the players put him meant nothing. They are obviously trying to use the small fry as test cases because they know that they will probably be challenged in court. The might of the FA against a small club trying to keep their head above water would be a complete mismatch. If they felt that this was the right way to decide a season, then they would have enforced the same ruling on every league not just the minnows.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I take the exact opposite view. Give me the all clear and I will be park running, round my mates, up the pub, in the restaurants, and yes up The Albion. Be interesting to see attendances on resumption. Apart from my mental health I think it's important for our financial health we start spending again so we can support jobs if it does come around again.

One thing I will be very reluctant to do for a very long time is get on an aeroplane.

Not a criticism of anyone just my way of dealing with things. I'll take the consequences if I've got it wrong.

I think the League should finish however long it takes.
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 28-03-2020 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Same here TMJ. I stood on the cold windy terraces of my club Folkestone Invicta all season and seen them vying for a promotion place which looked almost certain. Now, the powers that be have decided that all the sweat and tears the players put him meant nothing. They are obviously trying to use the small fry as test cases because they know that they will probably be challenged in court. The might of the FA against a small club trying to keep their head above water would be a complete mismatch. If they felt that this was the right way to decide a season, then they would have enforced the same ruling on every league not just the minnows.
    I share very similar views Tipp, why would they seperate like this? Probably because the fight back would be so weak.

I remember following Dudley down to Folkestone Town (as it was then) around 1986/87ish think we lost about 5-1 if I remember rightly.

I remember watching through the windows of a building behind the main stand and seeing indoor bowls being played. My other memory is standing on a terrace behind the goal, and yes I remember it being cold and windy!

I’m sure I had my camera with me that day, i’ll have a mooch to see if I can dig out the photo.

Ace! It’s a Saturday and I’ve got something football related to do!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)