+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 - Do you know anyone diagnosed with it?

I’ve self isolated as a pure precaution for three weeks by this Thursday and only been close to my wife and son and he’s been off work with what appears to be a standard cold.

However,I feel strangely lethargic today and have given my daily run a miss which isn’t like me.

I feel low on energy and “glassy eyed” but no other symptoms.

Probably nothing.

Hopefully it's just 'Cabin Fever' Mick. Force yourself out for a bit, turn that run into a brisk walk. I've been 3 weeks as well, and just about keeping the depression away by painting the wall in the garden. Tomorrow I'll takle a bit of baking.

We have to keep our minds active and healthy during social isolation.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’ve self isolated as a pure precaution for three weeks by this Thursday and only been close to my wife and son and he’s been off work with what appears to be a standard cold.

However,I feel strangely lethargic today and have given my daily run a miss which isn’t like me.

I feel low on energy and “glassy eyed” but no other symptoms.

Probably nothing.
    I think we're all a bit paranoid Mick even when we get a slight sniff at the moment.

I don't know anyone with it so far. Heard a story today though which sadly was the indirect consequence of isolation. Someone a relative of mine works with has been stuck at home in the house like the rest of the country. Turns out this woman has had a few mental health issues and couldn't cope with being isolated on her own and took her own life today. Very sad and not a consequence of this current crisis I'd considered before but I'd imagine many weeks of isolation might be a huge challenge for people who are already fragile. Just shows we need to keep in touch with people and even a phone call at the right time can be a life saver for someone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I think we're all a bit paranoid Mick even when we get a slight sniff at the moment.

I don't know anyone with it so far. Heard a story today though which sadly was the indirect consequence of isolation. Someone a relative of mine works with has been stuck at home in the house like the rest of the country. Turns out this woman has had a few mental health issues and couldn't cope with being isolated on her own and took her own life today. Very sad and not a consequence of this current crisis I'd considered before but I'd imagine many weeks of isolation might be a huge challenge for people who are already fragile. Just shows we need to keep in touch with people and even a phone call at the right time can be a life saver for someone out there.
    This is very sad but not unexpected to me Stripes.

On a personal level I wouldn’t leave such a relative on their own and would move them in at such a time.

Terrible news.

Anxiety sufferers are very sensitive to the mood around them, its a very hard time for them even if they never get the virus.

I’ve got a mate who’s wife is a nurse.

He just won’t have it about Covid and reckons it’s ridiculously hyped and keeps posting on FB that stacks more die every year from flu in all countries.

I’m arguing the case but what would you say to him WCV?
    In answer to your question Mick I would say to him there's a flu vaccine produced every year and if that were not the case the death toll around the world would be far higher. There is no vaccine for this and despite the (varied) efforts of nations around the world it's already killed 30,000, some of whom were young & without underlying health conditions. Why be blasé, surely that's ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    In answer to your question Mick I would say to him there's a flu vaccine produced every year and if that were not the case the death toll around the world would be far higher. There is no vaccine for this and despite the (varied) efforts of nations around the world it's already killed 30,000, some of whom were young & without underlying health conditions. Why be blasé, surely that's ignorant.
    My mate quoted deaths this year of,

110,000 from flu

220,000 from malaria

250,000 suicide

Not exact numbers but you’ll get my drift.

20,000+ from Covid.

Seems to think this is a massive scare for little reason?

The numbers are interesting though I think.

This is very sad but not unexpected to me Stripes.

On a personal level I wouldn’t leave such a relative on their own and would move them in at such a time.

Terrible news.
    She wasn’t my relative, she only worked with a relative. Fact is that some of those who are vulnerable are sadly going to be another statistic. Must be so tough if you’re in isolation whilst needing company to keep yourself together mentally

My mate quoted deaths this year of,

110,000 from flu

220,000 from malaria

250,000 suicide

Not exact numbers but you’ll get my drift.

20,000+ from Covid.

Seems to think this is a massive scare for little reason?

The numbers are interesting though I think.
    20,000 known deaths though Mick, it's still I think relatively early days but a report has now appeared in the States of a triple therapy that has reversed all symptoms. I suspect it's being firewalled by the media to protect big pharma's chances of an expensive vaccine - malaria is preventable through drug treatments but it's up to governments to look out for their citizens on that one I guess.

The conspiracy theorists offer up the idea that it's the opportunity to change developed nations into Orwellian states - tracking movements through phones, drip feeding rules and altering police powers etc. BBC even reporting that police are inundated with snooper calls to report of people out running twice a day - FFS!

I think one of the challenges of enforcing these new guidelines is the intelligence of some of those stopping you. These guidelines are ‘open’ to interpretation and common sense which aren’t a given.

As for conspiracy theories, I really think when this is all over, China should have its day of reckoning and the leading nations should recalibrate their economies without them. Turn this lying despotic government into a pariah given its complete disregard for human and animal rights which started all of this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)