+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: COVID-19 - Do you know anyone diagnosed with it?

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I think one of the challenges of enforcing these new guidelines is the intelligence of some of those stopping you. These guidelines are ‘open’ to interpretation and common sense which aren’t a given.

As for conspiracy theories, I really think when this is all over, China should have its day of reckoning and the leading nations should recalibrate their economies without them. Turn this lying despotic government into a pariah given its complete disregard for human and animal rights which started all of this.
    Agreed mate but just as long as I’ve got all the replacement stock I need first 😆

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    My mate quoted deaths this year of,

110,000 from flu

220,000 from malaria

250,000 suicide

Not exact numbers but you’ll get my drift.

20,000+ from Covid.

Seems to think this is a massive scare for little reason?

The numbers are interesting though I think.
    These figures are misleading though, they don't take into account compound growth.

If you look at our death toll, the figure is doubling roughly every 2/3 days. Same happened with Italy a week or so ago before the effects of the lockdown came into place.

The death toll from Suicides or Traffic Accidents are tragically high, but the figures wouldn't double every couple of days like they could do with this virus.

I don't know what to think about the figures. They do seem rather low compared to population. Let's say two hundred thousand Brits had it and ten thousand died from it, then that would mean that sixty seven million didn't.
    The total deaths world wide so far are about 40,000. Hong Kong flu in 1968 killed one million people. Asian flu in 1957 killed a million and a half, while the Spanish flu killed a staggering fifty million.
    I think the worry is that the NHS will become flooded with Covid 19 victims and people who are suffering from heart disease and Cancer will probably not be treated and die adding to the death tally.
    One doctor said last week that a lot of the patients would probably have died anyway of underlying ailments, and he was worried that the treatment they were getting was pointless and would have been better used on others. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.
    The things we are hearing about symptoms and how it is spread is also confusing.
    Another worry is if it returns in the Autumn in a more potent wave like Spanish flu did.
    I think we are all doing the right thing by staying in, if you are more worried about blokes kicking a ball about or a pint of beer there is something the matter with you.
    But i can't at present see any way forward. Unless the virus is completely eradicated then as soon as the lockdown is lifted we will be back to square one.
    I see Trump is proving to be the arrogant idiot we all knew he was.
    It also seems to target men more than women.
    Just thought i would add that to cheer you up Mickd.
    Last edited by WBA1955; 01-04-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Is this virus paving way for AI? 🤔

I'm following the rules and doing what I'm told but, something just doesn't seem quite right about what we're hearing. No Bongo-esq conspiracy theory coming but the messages from Government seem very much at odds and conflicts with other messages. The Government has stated many times that they cannot source test kits due to a shortage of chemicals that are used in them. Robert Peston wrote a piece where he had interviewed the head of the UK association that chemical manufacturers belong to. They confirmed there are no shortages of base chemicals in the UK and that they can ramp up production if asked but they haven't been asked. But the government continues with the line that they can't get these kits due to global demand but we can make them in the UK. We still aren't testing people flying in to the UK even from Italy or USA unless they show symptoms neither are we stopping mass travel on London tubes yet 2 dog walkers in Derbyshire in an isolated field get publicly shamed. I'm finding it all very odd tbh.

If we had Identity Cards, would we have this mass travel on London Underground?

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    I'm following the rules and doing what I'm told but, something just doesn't seem quite right about what we're hearing. No Bongo-esq conspiracy theory coming but the messages from Government seem very much at odds and conflicts with other messages. The Government has stated many times that they cannot source test kits due to a shortage of chemicals that are used in them. Robert Peston wrote a piece where he had interviewed the head of the UK association that chemical manufacturers belong to. They confirmed there are no shortages of base chemicals in the UK and that they can ramp up production if asked but they haven't been asked. But the government continues with the line that they can't get these kits due to global demand but we can make them in the UK. We still aren't testing people flying in to the UK even from Italy or USA unless they show symptoms neither are we stopping mass travel on London tubes yet 2 dog walkers in Derbyshire in an isolated field get publicly shamed. I'm finding it all very odd tbh.
    Something definitely isn’t adding up I agree. If something sinister was going on, how would we know and what could the rest of us do? and how can anybody get away with this?
    I saw on the Beeb they had china on total lockdown which mostly helped by technology..cctv cameras, apps, drones you name it.

Anyway to answer the question on this thread, i’ve know of someone that has had to isolate after having mild symptoms of this virus.

On a slightly different matter, has anyone actually known of anyone to have won big on the national lottery? Ever since it began in 96? I’ve never known of anyone to have won.. weird eh.

Just heard tonight a chap who sits 5 seats from me has got it, he is from Wednesbury think he is late 50s early 60s.
    His wife has posted please take this virus serious my husband is very ill , please adhere to the guide lines for your safety and for the sake of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Is this virus paving way for AI? ��
    I think the AI agenda is already well advanced and the virus is accelerating it Regis.

Stripes - easy for the police to contain a few walkers in the the Peak District than attempt to sort out a train full of people, I guess it also follows a nip it in the bud scenario, stopping the area from being swarmed with tourists.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)