+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A question to ask?

A question to ask?

A question the club might not want to ask ST holders at this point.....but may help them in making a few hard choices that undoubtedly lay ahead.
    In all probability the season has finished with no further games taking place (irrespective of who is awarded what with regards to Champions, Euro placing or relegation) are we as club supporters willing to forfeit any refund due or credit on next years ST prices?
    Like most of us I have accepted that a ball will not be kicked again until next season at the earliest, so what's the feeling amongst ST holders on this?
    I would be willing to forfeit any refund/credit or at least donating it to The Well Society.

I would be surprised if any season ticket holder expects or seeks a partial refund although some may find their finances badly stretched in the coming weeks. No doubt the club will offer some sort of option ass they prepare for the sale of next season's tickets.

I certainly won't be asking for any refund of any kind on my season ticket for games not played. I also wouldn't mind paying a bit extra on my ticket for next season of it would help in any way.

The notion of asking for a refund hasn't entered my head. I'm more than willing to pay for my season ticket earler and give the Society a donation as well.

AB has stated on Off The Ball that season tickets will be on sale next week.

I would hope the club offer partial refunds. Not least because there could well be a few people in the current situation who could really use that cash to tide them over.

However, I would be surprised if many ST holders take them up on this but given how much we rely on the same small group of fans going into their pocket time and time again it is important not to take people for granted. And with a bit of creativity I'm sure there could be some incentive added - turn it into a raffle, credit for the shop/hospitality etc.

On one hand I can understand that we're desperate for income but what exactly are we selling here? There's a time blind loyalty turns into being daft and handing over hundreds of quid when you've no idea what the league will look like or if/when it will start must be getting close...

Strange times require stranger decisions ... when ST's are made available, I'll purchase my usual seat - but this time by credit card, if accepted.
    Gives at least some sort of 'guarantee' I think to the purchaser. What happens 4-6 weeks thereafter will dictate any further decision-making I make.
    I'm fortunate to be able to purchase a ST immediately, and I won't look for any sort of refund if it's the 'end of season'. Others won't be as fortunate I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    Strange times require stranger decisions ... when ST's are made available, I'll purchase my usual seat - but this time by credit card, if accepted.
    Gives at least some sort of 'guarantee' I think to the purchaser. What happens 4-6 weeks thereafter will dictate any further decision-making I make.
    I'm fortunate to be able to purchase a ST immediately, and I won't look for any sort of refund if it's the 'end of season'. Others won't be as fortunate I'm sure.
    This is a real dilemma for the club. They have to set a price against a 'product' - I hate that word! - which is wrapped in uncertainty. I suspect that a substantial majority will not look for a refund and will renew anyway; that's what fans do. But there are people sick with worry; if the club offers a refund and people take it I won't be judgmental about that. You need money to do the food - shop.
    Beyond that there will be the fans who will be swithering on financial grounds as well as on what they'd be buying. I wonder if the club could offer a 'halfway house' sort of season. A down payment of £100.00 reserves your usual seat and you get the concession rate for the games you can get to, for example? I can see the admin awkwardness and I haven't done the arithmetic, but an imaginative approach to keeping the money coming into the club and at the same time recognising the difficulties some loyal fans might be facing in a few weeks time might be a good idea.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)