+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loss of Normality

Just a thought, but just maybe isolation ourselves as best we can will save thousands of lives?

If you think it better that we reopen the pubs, footy grounds et al, then please explain your thinking. Otherwise I will continue to listen to our health "experts", which include ordinary doctors and nurses. Unless you think that they are plotting against us as well?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Just a thought, but just maybe isolation ourselves as best we can will save thousands of lives?

If you think it better that we reopen the pubs, footy grounds et al, then please explain your thinking. Otherwise I will continue to listen to our health "experts", which include ordinary doctors and nurses. Unless you think that they are plotting against us as well?
    The NHS staff are just pawns in the New World Order game 59er. A precedent has been set. This "lockdown malarkey" will become the new norm.

health experts - 59' ?......the same (Mad Cow) health expert that screwed up the modeling on BSE....causing the unncecessary slaughter of over 4 million cattle and...its consequencies - but just a minute - who's idea was that - oh, some fruitloop called Prof Neil Ferguson.....but wait a minute - theres a Neil Feguson advising the Government on fuzzy Cornopop - he's the one who said that the "resulting epidemic would likely result in an estimated 250,000 deaths and therefore overwhelm the health system".....but that was then , as on 25 March...when questioned by a Gov Science and Technology Committee - he said the deaths could be about 20 thousand, of older age with existing health problems and that the Hospitals would be able to easily handle it.....that "Expert !?!

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    health experts - 59' ?......the same (Mad Cow) health expert that screwed up the modeling on BSE....causing the unncecessary slaughter of over 4 million cattle and...its consequencies - but just a minute - who's idea was that - oh, some fruitloop called Prof Neil Ferguson.....but wait a minute - theres a Neil Feguson advising the Government on fuzzy Cornopop - he's the one who said that the "resulting epidemic would likely result in an estimated 250,000 deaths and therefore overwhelm the health system".....but that was then , as on 25 March...when questioned by a Gov Science and Technology Committee - he said the deaths could be about 20 thousand, of older age with existing health problems and that the Hospitals would be able to easily handle it.....that "Expert !?!

Give the man a foooooking hot dog....

Attachment 15376

Norder, Prof Ferguson said that if we took no action the result could be around 250,000 deaths.

He also said at the time that if the Government implemented the suggested measures then we could get away with 20,000 deaths.
    Please keep up.

Still bloody awful, but worth doing?

Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox.

20,000 deaths my arse.

Norder, Prof Ferguson said that if we took no action the result could be around 250,000 deaths.
    the 250,000 deaths.....was a model of the first scenario - slowing the spread, home isolation of cases - and social distancing of the over 70's, the hospitals would still be overwhelmed - and even in the second scenario, of an entire population lockdown, and previous to his 25th march conference....I see nothing mentioned of a 230.000 difference, or any amendment to that number - where did "you" see it 59 ? - as we've been continualy reminded that a massive death toll was coming.....so much so, that only a few days ago, my Hospital contact told me that a Doctor said to them - "they were sick of waiting for it".

the 250,000 deaths.....was a model of the first scenario - slowing the spread, home isolation of cases - and social distancing of the over 70's, the hospitals would still be overwhelmed - and even in the second scenario, of an entire population lockdown, and previous to his 25th march conference....I see nothing mentioned of a 230.000 difference, or any amendment to that number - where did "you" see it 59 ? - as we've been continualy reminded that a massive death toll was coming.....so much so, that only a few days ago, my Hospital contact told me that a Doctor said to them - "they were sick of waiting for it".

Norder, for clarification, here is Prof Fergusons report.You don't have to agree with it!

https://www.ft.com/content/249daf9a-...d-da70cff6e4d3

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox. Bollox.

20,000 deaths my arse.
    How many do you think will die Doctor?

Norder, for clarification, here is Prof Fergusons report.You don't have to agree with it!

https://www.ft.com/content/249daf9a-...d-da70cff6e4d3
    cant read it to even disagree - 59'.....am not an FT subscriber - but if the same as I think it is - would be from the 16/17 march perhaps - and no mention of that amendment - though am guessing the Government had heard something of it previous to the 25th conference when it was no longer considered a Highly Infectious Disease due to its Low Mortality Rate.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)