+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: The Loss of Normality

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Are you pointing your finger at our doctors and nurses now BT?
    I want to know if the "We have lost 389 patients today" panic creating "news bulletins" are in addition to the 1400 who on a normal day pass on to greater things. So is it still 1400 a day or is 1789 for this particular day?

You are obviously going Stir Crazy 59er. Where the foooook did, "Are you pointing your finger at our doctors and nurses now BT?" come from.

I want the truth.

Well, our doctors and nurses are in no doubt about the magnitude of this epidemic.

Unless they are also part of "the scam"?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Well, our doctors and nurses are in no doubt about the magnitude of this epidemic.

Unless they are also part of "the scam"?
    How do you know they are in no doubt about the magnitude of this epidemic? Are you running a poll, a 'phone in or just reading the usual media drivel?

It is the doctors and nurses who actually diagnose the patients problems BT - not the politicians.

If it has got to the stage that they are feeding us misinformation then we really are in trouble.

As a town Council, we have regular Zoom meetings to plan stuff and to receive info from the NHS/Social Care/Community groups/police etc.

This epidemic IS real.

I can't get out and about because we live with two 90 year olds - and their safety is paramount.

I'm not at all certain this extended "bang-up" is doing you any good Councillor 59er?

People who "self-diagnose" are told to "self-isolate" and lock themselves in.

My son-in-law who in my own opinion is way over zealous in almost everything he does, detected the common cold/coronavirus in his household two weeks ago.

Result: Four kids & two adults barricaded in for 10 days. All still alive and breathing, two of the older grandchildren pleading with Nan could she help them plan an escape.

Remind me again Councillor who is actually diagnosing this bollox?

When i say that I can't get out and about, I was talking about my job as a Councillor which would normally mean checking on the vulnerable. I can't do this in case I pass the bug on to my Dad or Mother in Law.
    I still do the weekly shop, go jogging or walking but that's it.

I don't think you would be daft enough to let the kids go out and play at the moment if there was potentially coronavirus in your house?

As we have seen, it is not possible to test everyone, so if you have symptoms then stay in. Otherwise the surgeries would be chocker and it would spread like wildfire.

If you were PM what would you do? Release everyone, start up footy, re-open the pubs etc?

I would have done what Sweden is doing.

Don't worry. sweden will do exactly what the other countries have done shortly.

it looks like they are around two weeks behind us.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ockdown-europe

This ridiculous sh-itfest will all be over by May Day 59er.

The Emperor's New Clothes and all that.

Johnson may well be an overly indulged spoilt ****, but he isn't stupid to boot.

Attachment 15403

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)