+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loss of Normality

The report says that around 250K could die if the Government did nowt.
    If the Government DID act then the death rate would be reduced to around 20K

Luckily, the Government DID act.

Yes, it is no longer considered a HCID (as of 19th March)

This may help to explain it. It makes sense to me anyway!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    The report says that around 250K could die if the Government did nowt.
    If the Government DID act then the death rate would be reduced to around 20K

Luckily, the Government DID act.

Yes, it is no longer considered a HCID (as of 19th March)

This may help to explain it. It makes sense to me anyway!

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid
    Norder, Prof Ferguson said that if we took no action the result could be around 250,000 deaths.

He also said at the time that if the Government implemented the suggested measures then we could get away with 20,000 deaths.

could you tell me the date of the article - and give me a copy/paste of the exact wording - 59"....again I know of no mention of the Ferguson upto 20,000 (death rate) amendment previous to his meeting with the Science and Technology Committee on 25th march - if so, that would actually be even more astounding - just as the the HCID downgrade was only 1 day before the Goverment lockdown....that link I posted on the 24-03-2020 btw....and Bozo is talking of an even tougher lockdown ?

Cheers.

Last edited by Norder; 30-03-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Norder, the article was dated 16th March.
    Here is the relevant bit - if you want me to post the full article please ask!

About 250,000 people would have died in the UK under the government’s previous strategy for dealing with the coronavirus crisis, even if the health service was able to cope with the surge in illnesss, according to Imperial College researchers.

Boris Johnson announced stringent new measures — including social distancing of the whole population — on Monday after modelling from Imperial College warned the government’s previous, more measured, approach would have overwhelmed hospitals with demand for intensive care beds.

The new coronavirus strategy could cut UK deaths from Covid-19 to “a few thousands or tens of thousands” through to the autumn, but the researchers questioned whether such extraordinary restrictions could be sustained beyond that point.*

“We might be living in a very different world for a year or more,” said Neil Ferguson, head of the modelling programme at Imperial’s MRC centre for global infectious disease analysis.

Imperial’s researchers presented their latest analysis after the prime minister’s press conference at 10 Downing Street on Monday. Modelling a scenario similar to the new measures — including social distancing of the whole population, home isolation of cases and household quarantine of their families — might bring total deaths down to about 20,000 if they were observed strictly, said Azra Ghani, a member of the Imperial team.

I have no evidence one way or the other, but that figure of 250,000 seems to me errant nonsense. It assumes the population is completely braindead and would not have taken any common sense precautions themselves. Me and Mrs S had already implemented our own social distancing measures before being told to by the government, so would millions of others. The idea that the entire population would have carried on just as before as this virus ran amok is just laughable, some no doubt would, but the vast majority would have taken their own common sense measures, government instructions or not, 250,000 dead is scaremongering, pure and simple.

Norder, the article was dated 16th March.
    Here is the relevant bit - if you want me to post the full article please ask!

About 250,000 people would have died in the UK under the government’s previous strategy for dealing with the coronavirus crisis, even if the health service was able to cope with the surge in illnesss, according to Imperial College researchers.

Imperial’s researchers presented their latest analysis after the prime minister’s press conference at 10 Downing Street on Monday. Modelling a scenario similar to the new measures — including social distancing of the whole population, home isolation of cases and household quarantine of their families — might bring total deaths down to about 20,000 if they were observed strictly, said Azra Ghani, a member of the Imperial team.
    Many Thanks - 59....found the full article - https://www.ft.com/content/249daf9a-...d-da70cff6e4d3

Astounding - Report posted on the 16 March (Imperial College modelling suggests new stringent measures will reduce toll to 20,000) - on the 19 march, only three days later, Coronovirus was downgraded due to its low mortality rate -- this being the conclusion Before the Lockdown on the 23 March - then only two days after the Lockdown - Ferguson, when asked on the expected deaths, says them to be around 20,000, and hospitals will easily cope.

Conclusion....there was no 250,000 - there is no Pandemic - deaths are at regular levels, and this nothing but an exercise in "full spectrum dominance”.

Well, all I can say is that I'm glad neither Sinkov or Norder are in charge of things at the moment.

Well, all I can say is that I'm glad neither Sinkov or Norder are in charge of things at the moment.
    all I can see, is critical thinking - 59'.....if you prefer "not" to analyze information that can steer your beliefs or direction in life , then thats your business - accept what you will, and it's consequences....just as long as yourself or anyone else - doesnt expect others to live by your or their rules / (mis)directions - without using their natural ability to evaluate them, freely and.....fairly.

as it stands - there are more and more questioning the reasoning behind this affair , the modeling and the virus- fyi...many of whom are Professionals within Scientific community - why should we discount their opinion ?....is Ferguson and his team all knowing - could they be wrong....in any way ? - he was with BSE.

COVID-19. The perfect excuse for dystopian coercion and control and by golly, our police are certainly grasping it.

Why is there no outrage over the fact the United Nations reports that over 7.6 million people die annually throughout the world because of hunger or a hunger-related cause. This means about 21,000 deprived people on average die every day, because of starvation and food insecurity. That is one person dies every 4 seconds, every day, 365 days a year. Why in the name of God do we let this continue?

7.6 million die annually from starvation and food deprivation, yet the world has been shut down just so the New World Order can set up new rules of engagement, such as drones following a couple of walkers getting a bit of exercise.

We really are just a flock of easily controlled human sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I have no evidence one way or the other, but that figure of 250,000 seems to me errant nonsense. It assumes the population is completely braindead and would not have taken any common sense precautions themselves. Me and Mrs S had already implemented our own social distancing measures before being told to by the government, so would millions of others. The idea that the entire population would have carried on just as before as this virus ran amok is just laughable, some no doubt would, but the vast majority would have taken their own common sense measures, government instructions or not, 250,000 dead is scaremongering, pure and simple.

...Sinkov - take this magical figure of 20,000 deaths (or less) - Fact - older folk with weaker immune systems and existing health conditions, are the majority at risk - they being the Majority Percentage of deaths, it's they who need to take the greatest care. Therefore, and as we know, "Everyone" has been locked down, in the main, not because of the stronger, healthier (working?) folk - but because of those at greatest risk...so, even if those in a weaker state of health , are locked down with the rest of us - they'll still be the majority sufferers, no different than any other Flu Season - therefore, how can locking down everybody change that, it cant - whatever the figure, however high that figure - it cant change the facts - if it's 100s of thousands, it means 100's of thousands of the most vunerable, that majority percentage will remain unchanged.....it's just the same as ever......As for the others, the Minority....it never seemed to matter - what was it, go to work, spread it about, have a Lemsip.

Last edited by Norder; 31-03-2020 at 04:48 AM.

This is an Executive Power Grab, nothing more, nothing less.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...iwakWkwhX5N6vs

It reminds me of the dead animal carcasses spread on the roads by the "authorities" in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)