+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- For you Sidders.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    You've missed me out as well youth and you know where my money lies on him getting re-elected. Personal view? ...... Brash and arrogant but a leader and patriotic 'Go Getter', the type that forged America. You stick with your Mark Twain's and I'll stick with my Henry Ford's.
    America needs a level headed intelligent President with a grasp on what is happening in the world, Trump doesn't fill any of those requirements. Unfortunately like Britain the opposition looks useless.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    America needs a level headed intelligent President with a grasp on what is happening in the world, Trump doesn't fill any of those requirements. Unfortunately like Britain the opposition looks useless.
    I know what you're saying i961pie .... and nothing wrong with it as it's your opinion, other's opinions will differ accordingly won't they?

That's true, and this crisis has shown Trump up for what he is. When a calm but decisive approach was needed, Trump has provided the exact opposite. At first he "had a hunch" it was nothing big, then he declared a state of emergency. Next it will "be over by Easter", then a warning of lockdowns. His usual tactics of lying, bullying and threatening don't have much impact on a virus, so he doesn't know what to do next. The problem is that even if 10 million Americans died, he would claim "without my great leadership 20 million would have died", and half the country would believe him.

Regarding the election, I'm considering a modest bet on Andrew Cuomo to win at 28/1. If the Democrats realised that Biden is a poor opponent, I think Cuomo would give Trump a real battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's true, and this crisis has shown Trump up for what he is. When a calm but decisive approach was needed, Trump has provided the exact opposite. At first he "had a hunch" it was nothing big, then he declared a state of emergency. Next it will "be over by Easter", then a warning of lockdowns. His usual tactics of lying, bullying and threatening don't have much impact on a virus, so he doesn't know what to do next. The problem is that even if 10 million Americans died, he would claim "without my great leadership 20 million would have died", and half the country would believe him.

Regarding the election, I'm considering a modest bet on Andrew Cuomo to win at 28/1. If the Democrats realised that Biden is a poor opponent, I think Cuomo would give Trump a real battle.
    Let's face it he couldn't be any worse than that idiot. 28/1 very good price.

Let's face it he couldn't be any worse than that idiot. 28/1 very good price.
    Look forward in hope i961pie ....... you've got Stumer coming to take you to the promised land or so they say. Do you reckon you'll live to see it? I certainly won't and I expect at least another 8 years on this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Cuomo would be a great candidate, but I’m not sure why he isn’t already.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Cuomo would be a great candidate, but I’m not sure why he isn’t already.
    Cuomo Eileen. Well, I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Cuomo Eileen. Well, I'm bored.
    I was in a nightclub once and they played ‘Put your Hands Up’ so I put my hands up. Then they played ‘Sit Down’ so I sat down.

Then they played ‘Come on Eileen’ and I got thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    You've missed me out as well youth and you know where my money lies on him getting re-elected. Personal view? ...... Brash and arrogant but a leader and patriotic 'Go Getter', the type that forged America. You stick with your Mark Twain's and I'll stick with my Henry Ford's.
    I honestly wouldn't go with that particular "icon" . Adolf Hitler called Henry Ford an inspiration, and kept a photo of him on his desk. Other heroes are definitely available

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    I honestly wouldn't go with that particular "icon" . Adolf Hitler called Henry Ford an inspiration, and kept a photo of him on his desk. Other heroes are definitely available
    After reading that, my guess is that seriouspie will admire Henry Ford even more!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast