Liverpool at ooam. Probably the craziest match I've ever attended. I've watched reds since late 80s and I still haven't known a hostile atmosphere like that day and I doubt it'll ever be repeated. Unbelievable it was. That 2hat referee Willard totally lost the plot actually taking the players off at one point. 3 sides of the ground in total uproar. To get back to 2-2 with 9 men was an amazing experience. It was utter joy after the injustices we suffered that day thinking that we'd salvaged a point against the odds, then a dagger in the heart as we lost the game in stoppage time and were reduced to 8 men.

The momentum that we'd built up going into that game was lost and in the aftermath of having 3 players sent off and suspended, it cost us dearly as the season petered out and we got relegated. A very difficult day but nonetheless, we were relegated because we weren't good enough over the 38 games. That game will live in the memory for all the wrong reasons. Still guts me thinking about it, even after 22 years