+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who Am I Quiz (No 15)

Jon Walters

Gerry armstrong

Peter Withe

Tony cascarino

Frank Worthington

Still no joy? Two more clues.

Marco Gabbiadini

just beat me to it Wrinks well done

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Marco Gabbiadini
    Winner. At last!

I am Marco Gabbiadini

I'm retired now but I was well known back in the day. Retired in 2004 but was a big name for many years

I transferred for over £1M twice in one season. Sunderland to Palace and Palace to Derby in 1991-2 season

I lived up to my name and traveled around a lot, over 12 clubs in total. Just like Marco Polo

Despite all that my trophy cabinet is almost empty. Sunderland 3rd Division Champs 1987-88

I trod a path familiar to Meld, Pinza, Alycidon, Crepello...One for the trainspotters amongst us. All famous horses but also the names of 4 of the Deltic class locomotives that worked the East Coast Mainline, including York and Darlington

I briefly played in a city where I was already famous. Oxford. Home of the MG

My best known partnership defined the laws of physics. At Sunderland with Eric Gates where we were known as G-Force

The partnership ended when we lost a battle but won the war. After the playoff final where Sunderland lost to Swindon but still got promoted to the First Division as Swindon were excluded due to financial irregularities.

I could have played for two World Cup winners, chose England and never made the grade at senior level. Italian father, English mother.

Despite having a bit of a reputation, one of my clubs voted me their best ever. Darlington

Over almost 20 years, I was regularly top scorer wherever I played. I was.

I played a big part in a perfect RUFC performance. I played a part in Guy Branston getting sent off at Northampton when Rotherham went on to win 1-0 and the ten men all scored 10 in the match ratings.

I played over half my career for two clubs who, helped by a former Millers manager, hold unenviable Premiership records. Sunderland and Derby where Alan Stubbs contributed to them being relegated with lowest point totals.

Playing for their biggest rival, I was once assaulted by a monkey hanger but ended up joining them in a controversial move 3 years later. After a playoff win playing for Darlington by a Hartlepool fan and I joined Harlepool 3 seasons later.

The perfect RUFC performance was on a wet and windy day in the land of shoemakers. As already mentioned, at Northampton, the Cobblers.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 29-03-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast